The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New car back and in the workshop

dude

Interesting stuff :)

So its the same car that hit the wall? just with a mk4 shell now? any idea on what year the car was first built?

Whats involved in getting it re tagged mate?

All the damage was to the body and subframe its all been put right, just needs a wheel, I think steve said built in 2002/3. I need to take it to the pod on a certain day and have the tech guys check the chassis and its retagged to 6.49 with unlimited terminal for 3 years.

Dude, is this the same car?:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138443[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]138444[/ATTACH]

I've definitely got some better ones from when Steve had it somewhere, I'll dig them out

That would be great dude, yes I think that is definatly the same car, i can't see what class it is running in, looks like Super Pro. where did you get those pics from ???? Keep em coming dude.

The car was originally built as a Pro Mod (6.70++ @ 220 ++ mph) car with MK3 Supra body, it had a V8 fitted and never ran Pro Mod, prob due to the expense of running that class, Steve Whittaker bought the car and fitted the 2JZ engine and ran in HKS Pro, The Daywalker was the first Jap car to run a 7 sec 1/4 in Europe.

The name came from Steves daughter, after he had the colour painted on the body (black) it was in the workshop or a closed trailer and she said it looked evil, like a vampire hence it became The Daywalker, I will run it as Daywalker 2 or Daywalker Undead as Steve was going to call it after the crash where it hit the wall at around 140 mph (it does just over 140 in 1st gear and had changed to 2nd) When it ran the 7.7 it had around 1000hp and a 50 shot of nitrous, we hope to run closer to 1500 + the full 400 shot.

Wow, thanks for that. Very interesting backstory, and I look forward to the unveiling of the "Daywalker Undead" :) Good luck!