The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Autobox availabilty

Dnk

So the high stall is really for letting the engine make boost and then launch up the strip.

For road use its not really required and i'd be okay using a stock torque converter with the upgarded box ?

Yes its more for the strip but also fast road driving.

Ive just fitted a stock box and stock TC to mine for the time being, and although its nice the revs dont fly aroudn evertywhere, its RUBBISH for performance - i have apprix 800hp and it feels sluggish at low rpm, whereas with the hi stall one touch of the pedal and you flew through the revs (slipping) up to the boost area and boom you're away.

As much as i dont like hi stalls, and i do drive mine everyday, i dont think i could live with a stock TC. My 3200 hi stall is quite lame, doesnt slip too much and still gets you in the power straight away.

Best to drive a couple mate to see :) ... i still want that Titan box off you though :D

Thanks for your input Jamesy, having never driven one of these high stalls its a little difficult to

fathom just how they really are.

To be honest my car with 400 fwhp on the stock autobox and t/c drives just fine for me so i think i'll be probably

getting my box rebuilt in its stock form and fit a new stock t/c.

Im not a hp junkie like some of you guys so will stick with what i've got :)

You best speak to Paul Whiffin as that Titan box is still on his shelf :D

Ian Walley, a friend of michel Lane will uprate and re-build your box, he is in Darlington. As regard to stall speeds of the T/converter, it's important to know the point that the turbo comes in. As Jamesy said the stall speed relates to the revolutions the T/con is spinning at when it will lock up, therefore if your turbo comes in at 3000 rpm, the T/con needs to be locked at that point so a stall speed (lock up point )of 2000-2200 rpm would be ideal. Hope I haven't repeated anything already said..gl whichever way you go.

Thanks for the info Sammy.

I think i shall be keeping it stock as i like the way it drives, i have no need for more horsepower but

will need it rebuilding in the future due to it having a very small amount of slip when the 2nd turbo

kicks in.

This is only noticeable on the dyno and i'd never have guessed there was anything wrong as

it still appears to drive the same as it always has even when driving it as hard as you can

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)