The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RDS_1992's Supra Progress ( 27/11/11 Bucket Seats & Harness In )

Supra-duper

Another local supra member, Cracking looking car. Im only 2 minutes from you in Heath Hayes, think ive seen you going the other way on the Orbital a few times, and it may have been you my grandad spoke to outside his house a few months back lol,

Small world!! Yes i remember speaking to your grandad, beleive it or not I chased down the ice cream man all the way home and whilst standing there eating that he came over and started chatting to me about your Supra and told me you lived just round the corner! I did go and have a look to see if I could see it but no luck, if i remember correctly he said it was off the road?

Yeah at the time i was moving house, he rang me and said he had just seen another car like mine ( i thought he was mistaken ) but when i was coming back into my street ten minutes later i clocked your car just coming out lol. Yeah the car is in my garage at the minute while i do a winter overhaul, but hopefully it will be all up and running in the new year, will have to try and track you down and have a better look.

I pay £2300 with Admiral, thats value as £5000, kept on my drive, limited mileage at 5000 per year, me as the main driver and policy holder with two additinal named drivers. It's a lot of money but not much more than it was to insure a corsa believe it or not.

Could I ask if that policy is with all mods declared as I'm 22 with an auto TT and have been with admiral for a while with my corsa and they wouldn't insure me with any mods except alloys until I was 25?

Will also add that I'll be moving to Birmingham soon so will be in the West Midlands so will be local!

Yeah at the time i was moving house, he rang me and said he had just seen another car like mine ( i thought he was mistaken ) but when i was coming back into my street ten minutes later i clocked your car just coming out lol. Yeah the car is in my garage at the minute while i do a winter overhaul, but hopefully it will be all up and running in the new year, will have to try and track you down and have a better look.

Fair enough, he was very enthusiastic! A pleasure to meet him! Im thinking of taking mine off the road over winter too if I'm honest but will see how/when the weather turns.. and when yours is back on the road get in touch and we'll arrange for a few of us to meet up, i know of four or five other Supra's locally who would also be up for it :)

Yeah ill be up for a supra mini meet, are the other guys members on here? I keep seeing a red stock one driving about, and i know wewsupra on here has one, (was silver now blue)

Locally there's:

Foxysupra - silver n/a, lady named helen

Wewsupra - blue tt, rich tranter

SpeedyAndy - white n/a

Josh42 - red n/a aerotop, this is the one you keep seeing driving around... he's a mate of mine and had it a few months now :)

• 4 weeks later...

Managed to purchase two Cobra Monaco Pro bucket seats for an absolute bargain price, so decided to buy and fit these. Ended up making custom fixed subframes for the seats and bottom mounted them so it looks clean and tidy. To go with these I picked up a drivers side LUKE 4 point harness from Demon Tweeks and sold my older 3 point Sabelt item. The seats are pretty comfortable for fixed buckets, and save some weight over the standard items. Along with this I also picked up some aero wiper blades as was getting fed up of the tatty older style ones smearing my windscreen all the time.

Cobra bucket seats (can also just make out my new Luke 4point harness):

New wiper blades:

A quick picture from the outside: