The mkiv Supra Owners Club

long ownership/ experience important!

Scooter

I have been doing some renewal quotes and thinking of changing cars yet again and have stumbled on an interesting factor.

I did some quotes through gocompare and Chuancer direct gave quotes of £772.74 and £463.22 with the ONLY change between the two being the "car owned since date", July 11 in the higher quote and April 09 in the cheaper.

There seems to be (and I can't blame them!) a serious loading of the policy where it assumes you are new to the marque but as I have had supras almost continuously for nearly a decade when I ring around I will make sure I state my history/experience and try and make a case for the/a lower premium despite only recently purchasing this particular car.

The level of difference suprised me enough to just pop this message up here, as perhaps another serial supra swapper could benefit?