The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some Questions

Hucker

Guest Sakura
Yeah, I think this is all good advice, thanks. My brain agrees with all of it.

My heart, though, always wants more. I got a quote from the people affiliated with this club for a TT this time next year, ie, one years driving - and a off the shelf, unmodded Supra will be 2k, not bad, I thought. So perhaps I should wait till then.

As you said, I have a lot to learn.

I'll let you know how I get on tomorrow.

Good luck with the test :thumbs: You are doing the right thing by waiting. You can always hang around here and see what's going on, and with prices dropping the way they are, by the time you are ready for your Supra next year, they will probably be giving them away! :D

BTW - Highway code questions - both answers correct :clap: However, the other driver may not remember/give a toss about the highway code, so always be prepared.

LOL, my comment about the Celica's silenced this thread, was it such a naughty comment? :who:

ANYWAY, I PASSED MY TEST! I DROVE LIKE A PIECE OF SHIT, CRAPPING MYSELF FOR THE FULL DURATION.

This was my second test, the frist time I drove really well, not nervous at all - only 2 minors last time, but one serious (approach speed too fast on sliproad). This time, because I was shitting myself, I got 11!!! LOL!

If I was the examiner, i would think I was a retard. Anyway, I passed!! WOOHOO!

Well done mate!

Just read the thread and I would agree with the others... as my old dad put it... when you've passed your test, THEN you start learning to drive...

Think of it as a lesson in 'the psychology of the minds of idiots in control of large metallic killing machines, who have no regard for your wellbeing'....and you won't go far wrong... I would have hated to make the mistakes I made in the first years of driving my dream car..! and yep I considered myself a good driver from the get go too...

and don't pull out on the strength of someone flashing you..!

..but for today :urock:

well done on passing the test, it aint easy, (i should know - i did a double length test for naughty drivers the other month... dont ask!)

Having driven a MR2 and owned a celica before the supe, i'd say go for a NA MR2 if its in the build up to the supe, being RWD theyre alot closer to the supe handling wise.

Though celicas are waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better looking than MR2's!!!

(ducks for cover) :read:

Well done mate :thumbs:

By the time you have read up on the cars and understand what your buying, plus looked around to find a good one, a year will have flown by. Or do what i did, import one yourself, buy it now and by the time it gets here and your all sorted out your years wait will be gone.

P.S £2 is what i pay insurance at 22 with 5 years no claims so that is a very good price.

AND- try not to get in bother with the piggies a couple of points and that 2k soon becomes 3k :innocent:

Congrats on passing your test......the boy will learn patience! Another point worth thinking about...The handling characteristics of a rear wheel drive car are so different to that of a front wheel drive. So even if you drive yr ickle clio for a while and manage to afford a supra, its still a vast learning curve. Even at standard ,220bhp through your back wheels in the persisting rain will make your ring peice twitch!! You'd want to be driving extremely carefully for at least, er, an hour! :)

Congrats on passing your test......the boy will learn patience! Another point worth thinking about...The handling characteristics of a rear wheel drive car are so different to that of a front wheel drive. So even if you drive yr ickle clio for a while and manage to afford a supra, its still a vast learning curve. Even at standard ,220bhp through your back wheels in the persisting rain will make your ring peice twitch!! You'd want to be driving extremely carefully for at least, er, an hour! :)

Listen to her padawan! She does donuts! :D

Yeah, I did think 2k was good! I was shocked! I get decent insurance quotes, though it would seem. My 1.2 Clio (my first policy and first car) is only 650 Fully Comp - hardly bad, I think.

I didn't realise how quick the 2.0 Clio Sport was - just looking at it earlier, 0-60 in 7 seconds...not bad. Not a Supra, but not bad. :)

Guest ingleby

I would definetly not want to step into a fast car just after passing my test and insurance for you will probably be looking at roughly 2k or more. I passed when 18 and got my MR2 when I was 21 which im now selling, to think about this properly then you probably would not want to drive that either.

Wait a year or 2 and when you feel confident about driving then start looking to buy as you would probably end up loosing your car due to inexperience as I know I was inexperienced for a good year if not more after I passed.

I didn't realise how quick the 2.0 Clio Sport was - just looking at it earlier, 0-60 in 7 seconds...not bad. Not a Supra, but not bad. :)

Insurance for the 2.0 Clio sport wont be good for either im afraid :(

My mates got a 1.6 16V clio and suprisingly thats a very nippy little car & if driven well he could keep with the 172's up to 80mph!

So id look at getting a 1.6 if i were you, and insurance is quite good.