The mkiv Supra Owners Club

RadTech SMIC.

Wipeout

Imi thats fine saying that mate but are you willing to pay for a brand new toyota IC and the flow testing on both toyota and radtech ic or should i put the extra cost onto the GB ? this will add at least £200 onto each ic

the info i do have is that radtech ic is built as big and as efficient as it can be, End tanks are sloped so the air flow is neat and the best quality cores are used, the ic will flow enough cool air for 500bhp

Not asking your to produce technical drawings on Autocad here or anything, just some more meat to the bone of how it compares to what Mr T have on offer. CW does a SMIC as well, so does Greddy and some others. £300 is a lot of money, yes, lot less than Mr T but still not the price of a packet or crisps.

what info would you like then mate ? i will try my best to get it for you

the only info i can think of is flow testing, not to expensive on one ic but for the results to mean anything we would need to compare them to a brand new toyota SMIC and no doubt a CW SMIC (not even sure CW would let me and im not about to tread on his toes) so thats a brand new toyota SMIC (£1000) a CW SMIC (£600?) a radtech ic (£350) and flow testing on all 3 (£?)

that would bump the GB price up alot, personaly i would put blind faith in radtech as they are a well established race company of over 20 years, they are well known in motorsport and have won many awards, and its not like me to put blind faith in any company

Im no Guru on this subject, just trying to get as much relevant info on the quality of the kit as compared to what else is out there.

How does it compare to the NEW Toyota one? AND How does it compare to the likes of CW, Greddy and ARC?

In regards to:

Efficiency

Pressure drop

surface area?

Build quality?

fitting?

If hard numbers cant be put forward, then perhaps some more descriptive details about the SMIC might be useful..

Others.....perhaps you guys have a better approach to this.

ill try my best with the questions here

Efficiency? would need other ic's and radtech ic's flow testing

Pressure drop? again would need flow testing

surface area? i can get this info from radtech in the week

Build quality? VERY good, the IC is built to fit as stock flow as much air as possible and be as efficient as possible, they have won awards for build quality in the past

fitting? fits as stock using all fixing points and using original pipe work

I am running an AEM and could datalog the with my current stock SMIC and then on another type of SMIC to show the differences.

I could datalog the following :-

Inlet Temp

RPM

Engine Load

Coolent Temp

We could then see if it altered lag and inlet temps.

Just an idea :thumbs: I could do some datalogging this weekend to show stock SMIC if anyone is interested.

Just a note that 'pressure drop' is not as straightforward to measure as some may think.

Pressure is a function of temperature as well, so even a theoretically perfect i/c would register a pressure drop when measured before/after.

• 4 months later...

I'd be very interested in one of these, after all if it's a 3rd of the price of a new Mr T unit I don't really need to flow test it to guess it's far more than 1/3 as good as one, even more so when compared with a tired stock unit. It's probably actually considerably better than a new stock unit.

was this going to be a group buy? If not, are they available off the shelf for 1 off purchases?