The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie, not to Toyota, but looking for a Supra

benedwards64

Picked her up today :nana:

Really nice drive home, it managed 80 miles with no problems at all. Other than needing a good service and a couple of suspension-ey clonks to have a look at (nothing serious-sounding though) it's pretty immaculate :D

It'll be getting a full service in a couple of weeks, along with the cam-cover gaskets being replaced. Otherwise I'll probably leave it as is - well, apart from ripping out the knackered old speakers and putting some new ones in :D

Couple of quick eyephone pics:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome everyone ;)

Well I've had a pretty constructive weekend on the car - with the help of Pete Mason the cam-cover gaskets, oil, filter, leads, plugs, dizzy cap and rotor arm have all been replaced. It's running a million times better now; god only knows how long the previous plugs were in there but it was barely firing at all on cylinder 6 - I would think the car was around 70-80bhp down on what it should be.

Still, running like a dream now :D Next job, suspension...

Well, I'm really starting to make progress now. The car is still running like a dream after the service!

I'll have a brand new set of Bilstein shocks and CW springs on order tomorrow, then she'll be going in for quite a lot of work:

Fit new suspension parts

Find/fix all those other lovely suspension clunks

Sort out the weird vibration that I'm getting from the clutch/flywheel area

Replace clutch (doesn't really need doing, but it seems prudent while the gearbox is off)

This little lot will probably cost almost as much as I bought the car for, but I'm happy to do it. I've learnt from bitter (and expensive) experience with previous cars that it's worth doing it properly the first time round!

This should (fingers crossed!) be all for the time being, so it'll all be tip-top in time for JAE. Can't wait :D