The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What width tyres for 12" rims? Where to buy now?

Scott

They cover the rim Dan, I will get a picture for you later, i only got them for the dyno as they are hard compared to the toyos but they turned out to be very good on the street.

Scott, do you have a link to the 12" wide grids? I can't see them on driftworks.

They cover the rim Dan, I will get a picture for you later, i only got them for the dyno as they are hard compared to the toyos but they turned out to be very good on the street.

Scott, do you have a link to the 12" wide grids? I can't see them on driftworks.

Sorry Jamie, that was an error on my part. It's the GTR-Ds I was referring to. I would LOVE to see the grids 12" wide with a decent offset, would look mean as hell.

I have emailed driftworks asking what they can do but I don't hold out much hope.

I'm thinking of going with the GTR-Ds on the rear and GTRs on the front. Not sure how it would look though. Any ideas if I can get away with 9.5" rim on the front without rolling? Again with reasonable sized tyres.

Check mine out Scott I have GTR-D's front and rear - fronts are 9.5" et 25 iirc with overfenders and they are fine

Have you had any arch work done on the front though? Are you sure they weren't previously rolled?

Cheers

Jamie - you had GTRs front and GTR-Ds rear at one point I think didn't you? I remember asking about the 9.5" up front and seeing a pic of the car.

Yeah, rears was nur arches and fronts was stock but heavily rolled, 9.5 et20 gtr with 255 tyres

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/Gonewide013.jpg

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/Gonewide003.jpg

Edited by JamieP (see edit history)

With 255/35/18 vredstein's

Nice one thanks. That's exactly what I am planning to run upfront on a 9.5" rim with a 30 offset. I was a little concerend about them fitting but my arch rolling and your post have put my mind at ease a little. Do you ever get any rubbing?

Thanks for the pics Jamie. The stretch on the rears is a little more than I would have hoped for but it's a big improvement on what I have at the moment. At least the rim protection can do it's job properly at that level. I would be happy enough if that was what I had.

I think I'm going to have to go with 9.5" front's and just hope for the best that the height will take care of it not rubbing. If it rubs I'll just need to get it shaved.

Thanks folks, it would appear I am sorted.

Oh, Aman, do you have a side on pic in high resolution? I would like to photoshop your wheels onto my car and have a play so that I can see what I will end up with.

Cheers