The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So we had people playing football on the motorway

Benyon

Did anyone else think... that was a bloody camera/cctv? That's quite a way away.

Motorway monitoring cameras at a guess.

There are loads of them about, mounted on bridges for the most part. The blue cameras you see (skinny ones with the aerial) are those too ;)

You don't watch enough topgear :D

I was led to believe they were sensors, not cameras.

I might be venturing into urban bollocks here, but I thought they were essentialy specs cameras that read each cars plate and compared the time/distance to the next set to get a general info level about traffic speeds on any given road. Info then used by Trafficmaster to update their systems.

With but a wave of a Govt white paper they could be used for speed enforcement, thus providing an already set-up nationwide network of specs. (urban myth stuff)

There's a bloke ironing in the middle of the motorway and you lot start comparing notes about frigging traffic cameras?

This forum is going down hill, there I said it...!!

H.

Sources say it's been going downhill since Sept 06'

Anyone else think it looks like the head of one of those robots from Starwars?

I thought someone had got lost driving a submarine.

lol at the first comments it seems no one saw the man ironing on the motorway but noticed the good quality of the camera hehe.