The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Shakespeare Drag Racing weekend

GazB

Sunday is the 1st round of Pro Drag Street Series at Shakespeare County Raceway, Stratford Upon Avon :)

We are leaving tomorrow afternoon for the full weekend stay on site, test and tune Saturday the racing on Sunday.

A change made for this series means cars in the series will line up together and go head to head, the series has been allocated four provisional PSDS Promotional Group slots on Sunday for all drivers to race side-by-side. At the following times please assemble at the top of the staging lanes opposite the blue Staging Hut; 11.00 am, 12.30, 2.00, 3.15 and wait to be called by the Staging Lane staff. All other times run outside of the 4 sessions will still count towards the days overall timings until the cut-off time of 4.00pm.

Weather forecast looks good for both days.

If you have some free time come along and watch us race, say hello and introduce yourself.

Your'll know me i'm the one driving a Supra with GazB Racing on the side :innocent:

Very close to 1st place :(

Round 1 Results 12.00 to 12.99 class

1. SDS79 – Robin Greaves (Skyline) – 12.054/129.68 – 10 points

2. SDS76 – Gary Bramwell (Toyota Supra) – 12.066/122.01 – 8 points

3. SDS34 – Simon Paul (Toyota Supra) – 12.402/118.32 – 6 points

4. SDS125 – Ian Brockbank (TVR Tuscan) – 12.955/105.37 – 5 points

What a great weekend, nice to see JP first thing Saturday morning.

Very hot on Saturday, after problems with my MT tyres i'd decided to run on some old R888's in testing. Not my best decision but options were limited, ran 12.5's.

The track was closed first for 1 hour when a Rex lost gear box oil down the full 1/4mile :no:

A very nice Ford Pop decided to smash into both sides of the armco at the finish line after doing a 10 sec run then barrel rolled to a stop.

Driver walked away injury free, car was a mess!

Track shut for another 3 hours :(

After the track re-opened an exhaust/turbo V band clamp, engine under tray and exhaust wrap problems finished my days racing.

Sunday another warm day :) decided to do my first 2 runs on the 888'S then swap to an old set of MT's by the time i'd got use to these it was time to load and leave so no PB :(

I did manage to get a few pictures that will be loaded later ;)