The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi everybody, new from France

Guest Supratony05

Guest Supratony05

Yes but unfortunately I am at 1000mile of High Wycombe and I didn't know it :( But I have my GZ Aerotop now, and this is the best thing :)

Guest Supratony05

Yes I know :( The man knew that I do 1000 mile for coming search it, and I have paid them before see it, with bank transfert, so he knew that I will take the car at 100%, so he hasn't change tyres. And when I'm arrived, at midnight +/-, I have taken the car and return to France, I have look the car, but in the night... I have see that tyres was like it only in France.

And the night when I was in UK, I have slept in the car (in december 2010 XD), and the morning, battery dead. So I have called him, He said me the car have not been driven since some months bla bla bla... So he bought a new battery and bring me when I was, when I have slept. The battery is very little you can't immagine, it seems a Clio battery... :(

Some problems... The man sold me a car withe dead tyres and battery. Now is ok, but...

Sorry for my english :(

You drove a thousand miles with those tyres on the rears. You are lucky to be alive and i'm being deadly serious here. If you had been stopped in the UK they would have seized the car and you would have got a fine and might have been arrested !!! You should be counting your blessing that the car is still in one piece and not laying scattered across a road somewhere or in a bush. Even though you should have checked this guy has put your life in danger and I would be back with a baseball bat two remove the use of his lower body! You sir should get a euromillions ticket as you are the luckiest man I have ever met. I can't reiterate how lucky you are not to be in a hospital right now, those tyres would offer no grip at all. If you had had a crash you would be most definitely be facing a hefty jail sentence.

Again I will say it you are a lucky man very lucky.

Guest Supratony05

Yes I know I'm lucky. The more hard was to drive between Paris and Orléans (150 mile) on snow and cross Paris in night with -12°C and ice on the road. I was driving at 5-20 mph with warning lights (and on the freeway too) :( it was very long. I think I should have a look of tyres when I bought it, but the garage is the most responsable...

And I forget to say that I had to inflate one tyre 2 times in a day during the come back in France. I though it was one tyre that lose air, but no, I had a wheel brocken too !!! so I have sold them, and I'm in 16'' now :(

Look my old rear wheel and the 2 rear tyre when I was coming at home :

When I changed my tyres 5 days after my come back :

Edited by Supratony05 (see edit history)

Guest Supratony05

The worst thing is that the man knew that my tyre lose air, but he doesn't said me nothing and let me go for 1000 mile with this problem !!! It was very hard to find a air pump 2 times every day, and the night i must sleep next a pump every night since 5 days of travel because I must inflate them every morning. 5 days of return for coming home without problems !!! :(

NEVER BUY CAR AT THIS MAN !!!! NEVER !!!

We should delete the name of shop on this topic no ? in previous messages.

no idea why the naming of such dealers can't be done but im guessing there's history, just glad you made it back safe.

the club has been threatened with legal action, based on what ground I don't know but we are not allowed to mention the utter scumbags that trade under many aliases in high wycombe.

Yes I know I'm lucky. The more hard was to drive between Paris and Orléans (150 mile) on snow and cross Paris in night with -12°C and ice on the road. I was driving at 5-20 mph with warning lights (and on the freeway too) :( it was very long. I think I should have a look of tyres when I bought it, but the garage is the most responsable...

And I forget to say that I had to inflate one tyre 2 times in a day during the come back in France. I though it was one tyre that lose air, but no, I had a wheel brocken too !!! so I have sold them, and I'm in 16'' now :(

Look my old rear wheel and the 2 rear tyre when I was coming at home :

http://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/12/22/03/60/26012010.jpg

http://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/12/22/03/60/dsc07311.jpg

http://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/12/22/03/60/dsc07312.jpg

When I changed my tyres 5 days after my come back :

http://i62.servimg.com/u/f62/12/22/03/60/26012011.jpg

There is no excuse for selling a car with those tyres on. The trader/fucktard should never have let you drive off the forecourt. After reading the thread you can mention the traders name as you have evidence of their under handed dealing and substandard cars they are pawning off to the unsuspecting buyers. NAME and SHAME these wankers for all to see !!!!

• 1 year later...
Guest Supratony05

Hi everybody :) I come give you some news of my Supra :)

I have done a lot of things on it since the long time :) First thing, I have the french registration ! It is very hard and expensive for have french papers on a japanese car in France. We have a lot of exams of the car, and + or - 2500 GBP spent for them tests.

After, all problems are in the past, now I begin to know all about this car, and now my Supra works perfect ! :sly:

I have done all this things :

- Megan Racing decat and Invidia N1 cat-back (the sound is incredible, it look like a 4" exhaust :innocent: ) I don't understand why this exhaust is not famous on Supra.

- Dotz GT-R wheels with TRD center caps

- all stock bodykit !!! :D

- FR-Spec headlights (glass) and black paint inside

- Blitz dial :cool:

- defi boost gauge

- Toyosport FMIC

- Forge BOV

- carbon covering on the dash with aluminium rings

- UK Spec interior in cream

- TANABE strut brace

- K&N filter

And this winter we do all belts, with water and oil pump, billet tensionner, all gaskets, and next year the single turbo and a new bodypaint :)

Pics and vids :D

Exhaust :

Picts :

And I did a little wire cleaning, little...

Before :

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/338691_2335020130160_1378492685_o.jpg

After :

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/297585_2350851125925_1281277729_n.jpg

A true love story... :love: