Induction kits - utter shite, air temps far too high

JohnK

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Right some intial results from the airbox, although please note it is NOT completely sealed - yet.

Temps seem to be kept to around 5c above ambient and it takes a lot longer to heat up in traffic.

However it does still heat up to around 50c when stopped in traffic for a long time or when stopped for

The only problem I have found so far, is that it seems to take longer to cool down once moving.

I will seal the box up more tightly when I get the chance and see what improvment that makes.

Why are you not measuring the temperature on the move? I got a little thermometer off ebay, that cost a few quid and has a probe on a wire that can fed into the engine bay.

Obviously as a scientist, I would look at both temperatures at standstill and whilst running, when colder more dense air is being sourced from outside.

I bought a grille from http://www.grille-tech.com

Cost me £40.00 for the standard supra one, fits with some zip-ties (which is only temporary whilst I source some long bolts)

I then spent £15.00 and bought a pipercross, cold air feed, from ebay - which includes the intake trumpets. Drilled holes in them and fitted them to the grille and offered the whole thing up: after a bit of faffing about it all fitted well.

Now then, as I am using an N/A supra all the plastic work was removed (where you would normally have intercooler pipes) I fed the flexi-pipe into the engine bay.

There has been a change in performance, I have been using the Injen Intake for a while so I could justify the improvement. The throttle is a little snappier and it seems to pull better.

:rolleyes:

Supra3.jpg

I AM measuring the temp on the move.

Also intake temp isnt as critical on an NA and I would also venture to say that the under bonnet temps dont get as high on a NA.

I also aim to prove that a sealed airbox is the only way to go and that bits of pipe, so called cold air feeds, are as good as useless.