The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tires

Andrew

At the moment I have SO2's all round, but my back pair need replacing, the fronts are fine and still have plenty of tread.

For the kind of driving I do the SO2's are too soft and wear real quick, so would it be ok to put a different set at the back with a harder compound? Or would it compromise my handling?

Eventually I'd like to change to a different kind of tire to the SO2's for the above reason.

Do Kwik Fit do the kind of tires I'm after for a supra J-Spec, because of work I need to be in and out quick.

Cheers

Guest Mycroft

Really only F1's are up to the job, anything else will mean the slip angles between front and rear will go out of kilter and the car will feel very tail happy.

The latest iteration of the F1 is actually superior to the SO2 and they last alot longer (50/60%) and they 'read' really well, my local tyre fitter can fit them complete (265/40×17) for under £200 for the pair. The cars' Geometry for the SO2's works just as well on the F1's so no change or adjustment is required.

The F1 looks sexier, in the damp that series of 'arrows' is rather pleasing to the eye. (does that make me sad?)

Quote: from Mycroft on 8:11 pm on Mar. 4, 2002[br]Really only F1's are up to the job, anything else will mean the slip angles between front and rear will go out of kilter and the car will feel very tail happy.

The latest iteration of the F1 is actually superior to the SO2 and they last alot longer (50/60%) and they 'read' really well, my local tyre fitter can fit them complete (265/40×17) for under £200 for the pair. The cars' Geometry for the SO2's works just as well on the F1's so no change or adjustment is required.

The F1 looks sexier, in the damp that series of 'arrows' is rather pleasing to the eye. (does that make me sad?)

I like the F1, cheapest quote to date is £140.00 each for that size. Who is your source if you don't mind me asking?

Guest Mycroft

Headley Tyres Near Newbury, on the A339, 6 miles toward Basingstoke.

They also know how to track sports Toyotas correctly (one of the few).

But in the light of my previous recommendations you find your own and don't trust me at all!:)

Quote: from Mycroft on 8:31 pm on Mar. 4, 2002[br]Headley Tyres Near Newbury, on the A339, 6 miles toward Basingstoke.

They also know how to track sports Toyotas correctly (one of the few).

But in the light of my previous recommendations you find your own and don't trust me at all!:)

Thanks.....I will throw caution to the wind and give them a ring ;)

Quote: from Mycroft on 8:31 pm on Mar. 4, 2002[br]

Ehhh??? Could you private mail me what you mean?? What did you suggest that was wrong?

Guest Mycroft

I sent Dil to JEM (who incidentally have been exemplary to at least another 6 members of the Soarer club in the mean time) and he received a less than satisfactory service.

That is why I recommend anything now with that disclaimer.