The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK spec Jap spec

Guest letssee

Guest letssee

Ok probily in the wrong section but whats the best gearbox to go for. Like what gearbox puts up with the most stick and is there any tell tale signs of a box that is nackered.

Cheers

:lol: imi, don't we all :D

it's probably best to search for some info with the search button mate, there's lot's of it. both TT boxes are very strong and can handle BPU without any probs. The auto one definately needs an upgrade for very high power/torque increases. that's if you do single turbo stuff etc or lots of drag racin. not too sure on the manual, think they're solid enough

The power thing between the two has always amused me :D

Simplified version just for the power thing:

'You can buy a UK and tell people its 326bhp and thats that no matter where they check. You can buy a Jap spec and tell people its 300... 310.. 320 whatever and then spend the next 1/2 hour trying to convince them its true when they keep seeing 280bhp everywhere.' ;)

If you can get enough together go for as new an import as you can, post 98 would be great but take the milage etc with a pinch of salt. Otherwise I'd go for the best UK model you could find and get the cheap insurance (was 1/2 as much for me). But thats just me. I would have loved a 2002 import myself :love: