The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance - HELP

evinX

Guys I just wanted to give you a heads up, just renewed my insurance with Adrian Flux, was with Keith Michaels last year but they put the price up by over 250 pounds, no idea why. Anyway Adrian Flux did me a good price, I said I was happy to pay a deposit and the rest each month for the next 9 months. Got the credit agreement through and happen to read the small print where it states I would be paying 168 pounds interest!!!!!!

The car insurance is only 530 with mods (it is my second car with only 1 years ncd) but imagine my reaction when I saw I would be paying 168 pounds on top for 9 months worth of credit. Gave them a call cancelled the credit agreement and paid the whole amount in one go on a 12 month interest free credit card!

Just be careful out there, lots of thiefs around

That's always the case for a monthly payment plan. For everything, not just insurance. TVs, sofas etc.

Pretty standard practice. I always pay in full.

Guest TwinTurboJoe

Give Bell a try, they seem to be quite good for younger drivers. I was 21 when I bought my twin turbo import almost a year ago and my insurance was £750. My renewal came through not so long ago and it's now down to £620! However, besides the wheels it is a standard car.

• 1 month later...