The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance Question

marc_p

Ok, as per my other thread, someone crashed into the side of the Supra this morning, anyway, I'm currently insured with Admiral who said it's fine to tkae the car to a bodyshop of my choice, but my claim process was being dealt with by an outside company (Albany Assistance), I'm not to sure about this as Albany seemed a bit funny on the phone about the courtesy car and giving like for like and I just didn't like there general tone.

Anyway Admiral also said they recommend I don't accept any offer from the other parties insurers(Direct Line), I said ok but this was before dealing with Albany, so I arranged to take some photo's of the damage and send them to Paul who will be doing the paintwork so he can get in touch.

But just now, a really nice guy from Direct Line rang me and he was really polite, said that there policy holder accepted full responsibility and they were happy for the car to be sent for repair straight away(at a bodyshop of my choice if I wish to aswell), then he said he can arrange a courtesy car for as soon as this afternoon for me or alternatively, they will pay me £10 a day to help me out if I wish to use my other Supra.

Anyway, the question is, what's wrong with getting Direct Line to arrange and pay for my repairs as I have gained more trust in them, is there something wrong with this? Why would my insurance not want the other insurance company to deal with the claim?

Oh, another question is my wheels, one of the wheels is damaged, when I first got the car, for some reason, I thought the wheels were optional extra wheels as I had seen a couple of other late model Supra's on these wheels and they are just 17's that sit inside the arches like stock., so when I insured the car, and they asked about mods, I told them that it had optional extra wheels.

Now one of the wheels has been badly damaged on the face(still drives fine on it though) so how do I get it replaced as there is no way to tell what kind of wheel this is as there are no centre caps, do I just have to claim for the price of 1 new rear wheel from toyota? or a full set as these are different?

Any help or advice is much appreciated.