• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest GT Destroyer

Hi.

I might be coming to the meet next month. Its purely for research really just to see a Supra up close in the flesh and even to get a ride in one (if I'm lucky?)

I am thinking about buying along the lines of a manual, TT, black or white. But I've also checked into the single T upgrade and that looks and sounds quite interesting. The auto might even temp me if I like it, and by the threads I've read I might like the auto.

So there it is - Looking forward to it already :)

(please be nice if I do manage to get there!)

(please be nice if I do manage to get there!)

Make sure you talk to people, make them aware of who you are and that you want to have a good look around the cars, you might even get a passenger ride.

Most of the chaps that go are decent enough, a few knobbers though so do your research first ;)

Guest GT Destroyer

Will do Michael. Your black auto is quite something isn't it! I trust you didn't sell it yet?

I reckon you are off the list of knobbers! What a word lol!!!

So do you know who attends regularly, and what model of Sup they have? Single/TT etc..?

Mind you its ages till the next meet so I really should wait till nearer the time to see what cars will be there.

I haven't sold it yet but I still need to clean it and get some more pics of the engine, interior etc. Then I'll advertise elsewhere, Pistonheads etc to try and hit more potential buyers. Not in a rush though, actually drove it today and quite liked it :)

This thread will probably show you who goes on a regular basis but keep an eye on it nearer the time and post up again :)

Make sure you talk to people, make them aware of who you are and that you want to have a good look around the cars, you might even get a passenger ride.

Most of the chaps that go are decent enough, a few knobbers though so do your research first ;)

Knobber #1 Checking in ;)........I'll take you for a spin next time i go. :)

Guest GT Destroyer
Knobber #1 Checking in ;)........I'll take you for a spin next time i go. :)

Appreciate that Matt - Thanks.

So you drive a single auto? Looks amazing btw. Have you got 2 Supras lol or was someone just visiting you in the garage pics?

See the exhausts on the Sup. They are quite fat (the modded ones anyway), do they ever catch on bumps or scrape anywhere? Its just with it not being tucked away in a bumper or a rear valance, it looks like it would take a right beating.

Appreciate that Matt - Thanks.

So you drive a single auto? Looks amazing btw. Have you got 2 Supras lol or was someone just visiting you in the garage pics?

See the exhausts on the Sup. They are quite fat (the modded ones anyway), do they ever catch on bumps or scrape anywhere? Its just with it not being tucked away in a bumper or a rear valance, it looks like it would take a right beating.

Too many varibles with exhausts and they are all designed differently. If your car is lowered then 9/10 you will bang it on speed bumps. Some exhausts like the NUR Spec will catch even if you're not lowered as it hangs low (bad design), but some people have managed to fit it so it is tucked away.

Best to keep the tech or supra chats to non event threads, you will get a wider response too. ;)

Guest GT Destroyer

James. In the new members section, you've posted in a thread called "I'm excited" you refer to the Yorks meet being this Tuesday, is it this Tuesday?

Guest GT Destroyer

I'm not sure exactly but I think post 944 was made on the 5th of July (Sunday), meaning the meet would have been on the 7th? This Tuesday is going to be the 14th so I don't reckon its then. I'll wait till next month to attend, theres no rush. (or if it is the 14th I'll be there)

• 1 month later...

Speaking of 50" plasmas, there was a bloke on TV this morning about how burglars are using Facebook to target people. As an example he mentioned people who post such things as saying they have just got a 50" plasma TV.

I immediately thought of Thorin.