The mkiv Supra Owners Club

finaly got insured

damadom

Tip for insurance. I added my gf as a named driver. Saved £100. Try adding a female driver, the thinking is it's less time a maniac like us is behind the wheel so less chance of accident lol. I was tipped about it and it worked for me

:)

That doesn't work for me, £580 fully comp for me (facelift tt import, modified) but if I add my wife on it goes up to £800+ :blink:, she's never had any claims and been driving since 2002.

It's been the same for the last 3 years, they say she has had no experience of driving a performance car so is high risk. I think they just make it up as they go along.

no luck- I've only ever dealt with admiral/elephant. Might be your insurance company or sometimes it's ure luck who on the phone. I was given a quote before I bought my UK TT last year with D2 coilover suspension and when I went to insure it on the day I was picking it up I was told that they don't cover cars with racing components. :)