The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advise on Candy Paint.....

Brazil

Love the candy red

i've seen that first trd candy supra before that looks really good but then i've seen a lot of other candy red that does not look like that at all, it's kind of worrying..! animals above it is candy red with gold basin but it does not look anyting like the images above.

animal dont you have a better photo from further away..!

Here you go. They're not brilliant as my phone camera really doesn't do the colour justice... when its sunny, the carbon is a perfect match to the body, but I've never managed to get a good photo of it.

Because my car is painted black 'well shimmery' which is not a bad colour I really want to get this right.

Candy's are an odd science. It depends on what type and colour of base coat you use, the type of candy and how many coats you put on.

I would suggest getting samples of the kind of candy you want and spraying up some scrap bits of metal with different base coats (white, silver, gold, etc) and different thicknesses of candy.

If I remember right, my carbon panels had 2 coats of candy and the bodyshell had a gold base (Fiat colour I think) and either 3 or 4 coats of candy + 2 of clearcoat.