Jurgen-Jm-Imports

What does your supe idle at when warm  

86 members have voted

1. 1. What does your supe idle at when warm

• 500-650
    • 651-750
    • 751-900
    • 900-1000

VVTi engines, especially on autos seem to suffer fly by wire idling issues these days, and given the lack of an English workshop manual for them it's very hard to sort out economically as the fix is sometimes new throttle and butterfly position sensors, at an arm and a leg, but not always. Sometimes just cleaning out the throttle butterflies properly with brake cleaner effects a cure. Sometimes they appear all but impossible to fix whatever you do.... Idle air control valves and mappable ecu's are best for sorting idling issues :)

Dont you just love having a vvti lol, Lee P has mine at the mo doing a few bits but when i took it there he did mention that it was idling very low and will look into this for me, fingers crossed it is not as serious as above. Have a feeling my best investment would be a new ecu which seems to be the heart of all the vvti probs :rolleyes:

Dont you just love having a vvti lol, Lee P has mine at the mo doing a few bits but when i took it there he did mention that it was idling very low and will look into this for me, fingers crossed it is not as serious as above. Have a feeling my best investment would be a new ecu which seems to be the heart of all the vvti probs :rolleyes:

what does your vvti idle at

what does your vvti idle at

Sorry cant say at the mo as Lee P has the car. I will ask him and let you all know.

On another note just read what happened to Amazing Grace, makes me more keen to get a new ecu as Lee mentioned I would not need RLTC installed as the ecu will be able to sort this for me

My NA will purr at about 500 when hot and when it heatsoaks after a minute or two without moving, it drops to about 450 and starts to 'lope' or fluctuate. Sounds really cool though, like big cams with more valve overlap.

I'd say that anything less than 400rpm would stall it.

My idle speed can be adjusted manually via two screw in/out breather vents in a hose above the rocker covers at the back. They open under high vacuum, presumably to maintain proper AFR at WOT but no idea who fitted them and exactly why; probably to stop it stalling from a BHG! :D

Lee just got back to me 200-300 rpm, not good but he is looking into it for me.

:search:

My best mate had heaps of problems with his 98 VVTi auto idling very low. It can be caused by overoiling the filter (coats the MAF wire), or the alarm wreaking havoc with it.