The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dash Light PCB's

heckler

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Faultless professionalism from Simon and a perfect fit. He does know what he's doing. :D

The chip that runs the unit can be programmed for other funky stuff too. Si's experimenting with that. :cool:

He also changed my dodgy green heater lights and the auto shift light under the lever too. :)

Just gotta get rid of the clock now. I think that'll go when I get it professionally BPU'd :)

Si had to fit it all and some of it was trial, wire length was the problem, he just went out and lengthened everything to suit his needs, about 20 mins :blink:. Terrific. :)

Gotta say my dash was unmarked and I like it that way. It stayed that way. Many thanks Si. :thumbs:

Edit. Just to add 5000 rpm is license losing speed with od off so I hedged on the safe side.

Courtesy Of Andy T... this afternoon I bring you...

0kLohjN_rH0

In this case Andy only asked for the center dial to change colour, and the lights are STILL able to dim.

The point at which they change colour, is variable.

A nice touch here would be to have your speedo change colour at 70. I didn't think that through too well. You talk to Si and state exactly what you want. :)

A nice touch here would be to have your speedo change colour at 70. I didn't think that through too well. You talk to Si and state exactly what you want. :)

Thanks for the kind comments Andy :D

Can do the speedo colour change too if you want ;)

Just to add, because I know people worry. :D I did. :p

No standard components are taken away.

So if in the alternate universe Si's conversion didn't work. :blink: it's a 20 minute job to change everything back to normal, removing the new gear, changing the connections back ala plug and play. Your car is not gonna be off the road. :)

Ok Guys, had a few messages about the pricing...

Right - Bit of a "price list"

Single Colour PCB's Pre Face Lift (Manual & Auto) - £85

Single Colour PCB's Face Lift (Manual & Auto) - £90

Dual Colour PCB's Pre Face Lift (Manual & Auto) with SELECTABLE 2nd colour switch - £105

Dual Colour PCB's Face Lift (Manual & Auto) with SELECTABLE 2nd colour switch - £110

Dual Colour PCB's Pre Face Lift (Manual & Auto) with RED LINE Facility - £125

Dual Colour PCB's Face Lift (Manual & Auto) with RED LINE Facility - £130

Should anyone want a set, its very important that I know if your car is an Auto or manual, as the PCB's for the Tacho are different.

Now, the selecatable 2nd colour switch uses a PCB which allows the Red Line to be added at a later date by clipping onto the top of it

The Red Line Function will not work without the Colour switch.

The prices are for ALL the PCB's - for the single colour, thats 3 Dash PCB's and for the Red Line/Dual Colour, thats 3 Dash PCB's AND the Control PCB's

On the Red Line, set, the cost is the same if you have just ONE pcb change colour or ALL 3 change

colour

-----

OK,

The facelift cars, although they have temp/boost/fuel - they only use One PCB.

The Video I posted only shows the Tacho changing, this is because thats what Andy Wanted! normally, all the dials will change colour!!!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
PCB fitting guide was done ages ago, only 7 wires to connect up. Even if you fit this colour changing setup, the hard bit is actually fitting the PCB's

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/pre_facelift_inst/pre_facelift_inst.htm

connecting the control PCB is the easy bit!

OK fitting day today!!! but your guide dosent cover fitting the dule colour red line PCB wiring??

question though.... i got 4 holes...

Edit:... cleared up by PM from Si what a top fella! ;)

Dash = + (positive) feed from existing bulb locations (that you removed) solder on connection.

Ground = to G is the - (negative) connection (screw and washer thing) ring connector req.

Tach = to IG- is the tacho signal (screw and washer thing) ring connector req.

+12 = to IG+ is the positive power supply for all the PCB's (screw and washer thing) ring connector req.

In and working well :D

Just the dial faces to go now!!

I will post a vid late if i can work out how!

Thanks bud.

J

• 1 month later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.