The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project Haribo almost complete....

JustGav

Had my C/F Top sectret style bonnet on for 3 weeks now. It has the standard / same catches as the stock bonnet and fits perfect. I also had bonnets pins installed right behind the Headlights though.

Been up to 165mph or so since fitting it with not even a flutter.

Bonnet pins Gav, Bonnet pins matey!

Should always consider your safety first matey. Glad you both ok.

Here are the pics of the windscreen and the bonnet...

Just a warning for people, ALWAYS make sure the bonnet is properly hooked up... after last nights experience at 25-30mph, I can't state this enough..

It appears that the bolts that hold the bonnet hooks in had pulled out as well as the fact that only one side of the stock bonnet catches was fully retaining... bad circumstances all round, but at the end of the day, Graham and I both got home and it is only a car....

Gav

DSCN0467.jpg

DSCN0468.jpg

DSCN0469.jpg

DSCN0471.jpg

DSCN0473.jpg

Dude, sorry to hear about accident. It was a nice looking bonnet too.

Still, it could have been much worse. I remember about ten years ago when the bonnet on my mum's Cavalier flew open at 80 on the outside lane of the M4. I was sat in the back and was the only person who had any sort of visibility. I could see a tiny gap at the base of the window and had to navigate my mum onto the hard shoulder. She was in hysterics and screaming.

The bonnet cracked the windscreen and wrapped itself around the roof of the car. The damage was so signficant (and the car worth very little despite it's good former condition) that the insurers considered it a right-off.

I've been paranoid about bonnet catches ever since!