The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbe "SupraRZ1993"

Guest SupraRZ1993

Guest SupraRZ1993
Depends on what boost the car is running at. 1.2bar is regarded as the maximum "safe" level to run jap spec turbo's at, which will give you somewhere in the region of 400bhp at the Fly. You have a boost controller which can only raise the boost pressure so you can assume its running over stock boost. However there's no mention of whether the Cats have been removed?

thanks for the explanation SupraDan24..... So right now? Can you tell if its running over stock boost? I doubt it right? (ill post the pictures) I have no idea if the 'cats' have been removed. How can you c that?

So do you also think i have been 'played', saying that this car has 450whp?

Guest SupraRZ1993
Welcome aboard.... you won't have 450whp with that spec, looks like you bought a decent Supra though :)

thanks! then how many bhp should i have by your opinion? by what do you state that?

Guest SupraRZ1993
Looks pretty good. Blitz wheels are nice, just looks like it needs some TLC. New headlamps, fix the damaged bumper, or go back to stock. And remove the trial stickers, nothing on that car is trial. ;)

TLC? Why would you say go back to stock? Because the trial is also a lie?

@MarcAB10: Nice ride and especially nice seats! Love the "red"

@MarcAB10 & Hammer: What is the aerotop facelift?

Thanks! :)

and your other question, facelifts are the later model '97 onwards supras, slight exterior differances such as dark headlight inserts, nicer rear lights, 5 dial dash instead of 3, and a few other things.

The Areotop is the model that the roof section can be removed, so basically the 'convertable' supra.. kinda. lol

hth

TLC? Why would you say go back to stock? Because the trial is also a lie?

TLC - tender loving care, like polishing up the headlights to get rid of any yellowing.

A lot of people prefer the stock front, he just means if you don't want to fix the chips on the front bumper then you could go back to a stock bumper. personal taste really.

And from what it looks like, there are no Trial products on the car, so you might want to remove the sticker as it doesn't really mean anything.

Guest SupraRZ1993

o, hahaha thanks. No i dont like that either, putting op stickers from brand on your car, which you dont even have in your car.

Here in curacao it happens a lot:S

Guest SupraRZ1993
you will find just as much on the inside mate so a light split refurb is on the cards :D not to hot though, its not like cookin a pizza ;)

I T-Cutted my yellowing lights and it helped alot. Food for thought.

hahahaha you would prefer a pizza at the moment when your tired of rubbing the headlights:P hey, thank you both for the explanatio n :D

Few things to find out,

What boost is it running (stock 0.8bar, BPU 1.2bar)

What plugs and fuel pump do you have?

Has the car been de-catted (look under the car if you see a straight thru pipe then its a decat)

as far as HP is concerned anything between 320 and 420 flywheel. If you can give a boost figure this band will be narrowed down

Guest SupraRZ1993
Few things to find out,

What boost is it running (stock 0.8bar, BPU 1.2bar)

What plugs and fuel pump do you have?

Has the car been de-catted (look under the car if you see a straight thru pipe then its a decat)

as far as HP is concerned anything between 320 and 420 flywheel. If you can give a boost figure this band will be narrowed down

---------------------------------------------------

I don't know what the stock boost is, i haven't driven it as yet. That is the whole spec list i have, more i do not know unfortunately. They gave me that spec-list and pictures. And they say +/- 450whp. I feel now i have been set up, not that i dislike the car. Just a fool to believe them. I hope you know what i mean.

I will post more pictures, i hope they can help

fw_437126381229.jpg

fw_250150356473.jpg

FOURWHEELERS_540f93e135214d74e0ea8376b59337ed.jpg

FOURWHEELERS_81fbf979ff707d337c8938ccb9e481f7.jpg

FOURWHEELERS_9b409ca11710fb94655052dba34b0230.jpg

From your pic it looks like you are de-catted, which is good.

Next time you go for a drive see what your boost controller and boost gauge display when your foot is on the floor at about 4500rpm.

As a rough idea, if between 1.0 bar and 1.2 bar power would probably be between 360 and 400 HP at the flywheel.

• 1 month later...
Guest SupraRZ1993

Hey everyone..... my front bumber is to long to drive properly here on the island (curcao) where i live. the roads are horrible...

i have "HKS Hypermax coilover" how can i raise the car a little with these coilovers?

any help???