The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hybrids - How much??

garetheves

Yes, it did, but that was a j-spec running 550's at 440 duty cycles, so it would. This is a UK spec which is running 550's at 550 duty cycles, although of course you will be putting a denser air charge in so who knows if the stock map can compensate for it. Run hybrids with no other changes at you rown risk :) Oh, and a UK pump will easily be up to the task as long as it's running OK.

-Ian

Hmmm.. note to self - read the threads more carefully

;)

Well, as I mentioned earlier you could probably run a good set of hybrids on 440's but they would be at 100% duty at about 1.2bar, so good luck, especially if you run 1.4 :) It would seem OK until suddenly you lost a couple of pistons - believe me on this one :mad:

-Ian

I can confirm this, my Uk runs hybrids with no problems and everything fueling wise (pump included) is standard.

have you had your car on a dyno with hybrids mate? what sort of boost do you run with them? any chance of a ride in one? think i might go hybrid rather than single (because of insurance & reliability issues.......). well single in a couple of years when i'll get insured with one at least!!

I'm afraid I've not had the car on a dyno but would estimate somewhere around 380-400hp. At the time I had them fitted I also had a full de-cat and started running 1.1bar so it's hard for me to seperate the performance gain that they individually gave, however Chris Wilson's briefly driven the car at the time and commented that it felt "strong", I think it's probably fair to he's driven enough Supras to know what he's on about. The cars having some (non turbo related) work done on it in the next week or so but after that you're more than welcome to have a go in it as personally I (and plenty of passengers) think it's pretty impressive. Mcanny had a go in it and posted his comments here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=17273&highlight=womble

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions or if you fancy a meet up feel free to ask.

Oh and I too would like to one day go single (purely in the quest for aroun 500hp) but whilst there seems (to me anyway) to be an awful lot of debate about reliable fueling feel it's best left for the moment.

To be honest if I remember rightly when I got them done by Turbo Technics, (reason for being a well established and well respected builder of Turbos and not just a middleman reselling God knows what !!) there was only the one stage (not stage one of three if you get what I mean) available, that was fine by me.

All this "stage" business is just marketing hype. A "stage 1" or whatever will be diffirent to the same "stage" by a different company. Get the FULL specs from each company and get someone who is unbiased and KNOWS what they are talking about to compare them.