The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi

Guest joz8968

Guest joz8968

No worries. I don't hold out much hope.

The only legacy gauge's user manual available is for the 3-button ones, which HKS kindly forwded me in PDF form. But the the procedure is different for my 2-button one. Arrrrh.:(

Edited by joz8968 (see edit history)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest joz8968
A tenner for membership is pittance for the wealth of information that's on this site.

Indeed. Is that lifetime, or annually?

Whatever, stonking value.

Ahhhh, a cap on posts for non-subscribers. ;)

How many exactly?

Might be 11. :innocent:

Indeed. Is that lifetime, or annually?

Whatever, stonking value.

£10 a year, or £30 for lifetime IIRC (although if you pay a years subs for 3 years you get upgraded to lifetime anyway, like interest free credit).

Guest joz8968
...or £30 for lifetime IIRC (although if you pay a years subs for 3 years you get upgraded to lifetime anyway, like interest free credit).

How refreshing, that you don't get "penalised" for not being able/wanting to pay in full up front. :)

DVLA tax disc anyone....? :tongue:

Guest joz8968

Blimey! Bit harsh.

All I wanted was some advice re. a gauge - and I'm being lambasted for not paying!

It's not my "fault" that I'm still allowed to make posts in this particular forum, FOC.

If that's your collective attitude on this board, then goodbye people - I really won't lose any sleep over it.

Guest joz8968
40 posts and that's it. Membership is due.

Is anyone else feeling like NOT helping this guy out?

Yeah right, the above post is really welcoming isn't it. :rolleyes:

Guest amy-v17

To be fair £10 is not a lot in the grand scheme of things, there is a reason you have to pay the membership, you get to make a few posts before they ask you to pay so that you can see whether the forum is going to be of use to you. Your attitude is not going to make people want to help you and members are not going to welcome you with open arms when you've made it very clear you're only here to find the answer to your problem then you're going to f off until you have another issue which no doubt you would post in your noobs thread to avoid paying the membership fee :rolleyes:

Everyones taking everything in the wrong context. :) Leave the poor guy alone.

As for what TonytotheB said, it could be read like, "let's not help this guy out because it's funny" or "you guys are useless at helping this poor soul".

No offense was to be taken either way I'm sure. :) We just are humorous community but hit a bit too hard on the newbies for a first chat.

What people are trying to say though is that membership is worthit. Members here don't tend to answer to newbies questions because they think that's it and never hear of them again. Where as we all like to hear of people again and keep the community thriving. :)

You may or may not find an answer either way but you'll get that anywhere you go.

Guest joz8968

At last, a sensible posting.

Bottom line: all I was looking for was a quick answer to a question (if people can't help with this particular Q I have no problem with that, obviously).

But it was the subsequent, almost snide-like jibes about the membership thing I find unpalettable [sic]. IMHO, it simply wasn't called for - esp. after all the initial negative comments for my initial "Hi" post. I mean, which way do you want it?!

After all, if YOU were desperate for an answer on something, and you happened upon a resource via an online forum, wouldn't you too try to glean said answer asap (and for free, if possible)? I can't believe people seem to find this "wrong", or underhand practice.

People get too precious about "their little community" when it comes to online forums IMHO. Just because I'm a "newbie" to THIS forum, doesn't mean to say that I'm "green" on how forums work, etc.

It's almost like you're all saying: "Hey listen up newbie, you MUST pay us estb. members some respect first, before we even THINK of helping you..." I can't quite believe it!

"Hey listen up newbie, you MUST pay us estb. members some respect first, before we even THINK of helping you..."

Well, yeah. I reckon that should be on the front page. ;)

The youth of today... no respect... This forum's going downhill, etc...

:innocent:

TBH you sounded to me (ignoring the fact that the written word doesn't convey emotion at all) like you were a bit 'high and mighty' and expected us to answer your questions 'just because' and that you somehow didn't need to pay like the rest of us. I'm guessing others got the same impression, hence the attack of 'snidey' comments and sarcastic remarks.

In fact, you still sound a little like that, as if the fact that you've been about a bit on social sites means you can circumvent the unwritten rule that n00bies don't get the same respect as long termers. I'm sorry you don't like that unwritten rule, many have argued about it in the past but unfortunately it IS there; the higher your post count the more well known you are by the community and therefore people know how much they can (dis)trust you.

Having said all that, information shouldn't be witheld just for the sake of it, and had I known the answer to your question I would have answered. I'm guessing not many 'regulars' on here know the answer either so we poked a bit of fun at you instead. I was sort of hoping you would agree to pay the £10 and get involved, post some more, bump your technical thread until you got a response and we'd all be happy, instead you still seem to be fighting. We honestly don't want newbies to up and leave after 40 posts, but I'm sure you know the numerous reasons why a fee is charged. If you stick around and get involved in some more stuff you'll see how good the forum is, and probably understand why we're being like we are in this thread!

Guest joz8968
Well, yeah. I reckon that should be on the front page.

The youth of today... no respect... This forum's going downhill, etc...

Youth? I'm 41.

Thanks for not reading the rest of my post and just taking that sentence out of context. :rolleyes:

Guest joz8968
TBH you sounded to me (ignoring the fact that the written word doesn't convey emotion at all) like you were a bit 'high and mighty' and expected us to answer your questions 'just because' and that you somehow didn't need to pay like the rest of us. I'm guessing others got the same impression, hence the attack of 'snidey' comments and sarcastic remarks.

In fact, you still sound a little like that, as if the fact that you've been about a bit on social sites means you can circumvent the unwritten rule that n00bies don't get the same respect as long termers. I'm sorry you don't like that unwritten rule, many have argued about it in the past but unfortunately it IS there; the higher your post count the more well known you are by the community and therefore people know how much they can (dis)trust you...

I'm sorry you have that impression of me - trust me I am not "high and mighty". Far from it.

It's just the frustration - all I wanted was an answer, not snidey comments. Isn't that what online tech forums are about?

And I do understand about the heirarchy thing, just that I find it frustrating that that seems to take precedent over any forthcoming "help"...

But it was the subsequent, almost snide-like jibes about the membership thing I find unpalettable [sic]. IMHO, it simply wasn't called for - esp. after all the initial negative comments for my initial "Hi" post. I mean, which way do you want it?!

People just found your post funny. It's probably (actually no... IS) the most simple introduction thread to exist. Forums like ours would expect a little about yourself and/or your car at least for the first thread. You even failed to ask your question in the first post. Don't take it personally. We just chuckled.

After all, if YOU were desperate for an answer on something, and you happened upon a resource via an online forum, wouldn't you too try to glean said answer asap (and for free, if possible)? I can't believe people seem to find this "wrong", or underhand practice.

If we did that, we would fail as a proper car club. Everyone would be joining up for free advice and leave. It's like walking into the a shop and saying, "hey! I'm new to this area, so I want all your carrots and potatoes for free". They would give out free samples, but they aren't a supermarket.

Guest joz8968

FCS, just forget it.

I've more than explained myself in plain English in post #38. It's not hard to grasp - it really isn't. I was after a simple answer, not to make life long "cyber friends".... Jeeeez.

It's like some ruddy dodgy "Eyes Wide Shut" initiation ceremony, or something...

Post #41 was aimed at "Animal" and I was referring him to my previous post #38.

It was unfortunate that tbourner posted whilst I was composing, etc...

I know, but as he said in post #44 you didn't seem to get his joke, hence I was posting that you didn't notice the smilies in his post and didn't understand the jokes he was making. He wasn't serious in any part of his post AFAICT.

Guest joz8968
...It's like walking into the a shop and saying, "hey! I'm new to this area, so I want all your carrots and potatoes for free". They would give out free samples, but they aren't a supermarket.

It not really though, is it? :rolleyes:

Guest joz8968

Thing is, even if I don't join and bugger off, what have you actually lost? (Easy now).

Why be so "precious" about it all?

At the end of the day you would have made someone happy and grateful (if someone knew the answer, of course), and lost nothing in return. As it stands, you're doing your level best just to get a rise/frustrate/antagonise a potential member. I don't get it, I really don't (...4 pages in and all!)