The mkiv Supra Owners Club

De-pinked the NA :)

JustGav

Full fluid change (box, diff, engine, PS)

Refurb the brakes

Cage

Two metal plates to cover firewall holes

Seat frame

Fire extinguisher

That's it really :)

Actually, I did want to ask how far you are away from getting it back on the road, is it still MOT'd and taxed? If not how far off that are you now? Let me know if you need any help mate

Actually, I did want to ask how far you are away from getting it back on the road, is it still MOT'd and taxed? If not how far off that are you now? Let me know if you need any help mate

Not taxing/MOTing it, it will stay as a track car, purely because it is cheaper :)

did you use the 3m stuff gav ?

I did actually, I've not done a proper job as it needs to get both doors and bumper resprayed but I did spend the better part of 2 hours with both 3m products :) REALLY did make the job easier. Big thanks for those again :)

• 1 month later...
The cat looks like its trapped under the wiper lol.

Initially it wasn't too keen on me taking a picture, but a swift kick to the head soon made her more compliant ;) or I could say, it wasn't my cat, I found it next to the road with a 'Free Cat sign'....BUT I'd be lying, she is my little cat and just loves sleeping there for some odd reason.

Edited by JustGav (see edit history)

Has it had a respray on the rear offside back wheel section? looks like some orange pealing going on there, which you just dont get from the factory.

Just curious, ive been doing shit loads of spraying recently .......just wanna see if ive got my eye in.

p.s Id like to get in the car all stealth, crank it up, and drive off super quick, cat would be owned....

Edited by ShamelessTT (see edit history)

Has it had a respray on the rear offside back wheel section? looks like some orange pealing going on there, which you just dont get from the factory.

Just curious, ive been doing shit loads of spraying recently .......just wanna see if ive got my eye in.

Yup, it has had a BAAAAAD respray when I got it (long story...gt-cars....) If you look at the first pic and look at the doors, the paint started sinking and cracking :(

No worries mate, just testing my eye lol. So many cow boy resprayers out there. Even on my car which i had done by a very reputable company has marks in very minor places under the clear and varying paint depths (looking at it with a half trained eye now).

Si

Given that NA's aren't worth a lot and the fact that paint is sh.... poor, it just made sense to turn it into a track toy.. A full respray which it would REALLY need to be half decent makes it worthless IMHO. So sticking with the paint scheme and the fact this has been done on a budget of zero, the cowboy racing wagon was conceived :)

Given that NA's aren't worth a lot and the fact that paint is sh.... poor, it just made sense to turn it into a track toy.. A full respray which it would REALLY need to be half decent makes it worthless IMHO. So sticking with the paint scheme and the fact this has been done on a budget of zero, the cowboy racing wagon was conceived :)

I can always talk to my friend who's starting up vinyl wrapping.. may be able to sort you out a print at cost of materials and very little labour in turn for him to practice on..? :)