The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Few more questionnes ..

steve saxo

Right got a few more questionnes for you guys,

Firstly , how thirsty is the car, ( suspect very), what sort of MPG do you get, how much range on a tank, and how big is it ..

Secondly, Wheels, will 18`s go on allright, with say a 40mm drop, and what make springs would u recommend ?

Thanks again

Stephen Jones

www.complete-saxo.co.uk

www.pro-comp.co.uk

Anything from 15-25mpg depending on how you drive. The tank is appox 80l.

18' or even 19" will go straight on, just make sure you get the correct offset to go around the brakes.

As for 40mm drop, thats out as it is so low already. But for springs, go for the einbachs, as they will drop it slightly and help handling etc. :)

Fuel consumption depends on how you drive, but I get an average of 18 .8mpg, best was 23.5mpg worst on the road 15.4mpg and on the track 8.2.

Get over the Jap brakes is not too difficult, but if you intend to upgrade to UK size brakes then it is much more difficult.

I agree with Phil & Syed on the wheels, mine 19's were re-machined to fit over the UK brakes, and the eibachs i've found anyway to be really good springs they drop about 25-30mm, dont hurt the ride to much while over a far more composed feeling when going through the bends, i'm not so sure about the 80ltr tank thought the most i've ever got in my car is 50 ltrs,but this might depend on wether its NA/TT GZ/SZ or GZ-R/SZ-R

Cheers

cheers

I generally put in £40 worth of fuel, (or £45 Optimax), and almost always get 220 miles from that. I have 18's with no problems and no intention of lowering my car as it hits speed bumps already.

Make your self famillier with insurance as a J-spec car will cost you more insure but cheaper and easier to buy, and also check out the service schedule. It can be expensive if you need to get it main dealer serviced.

Quote: from steve saxo on 2:22 pm on Mar. 9, 2002[br]Right got a few more questionnes for you guys,

Firstly , how thirsty is the car, ( suspect very), Thanks again

Stephen Jones

www.complete-saxo.co.uk

www.pro-comp.co.uk

I was putting 70 quid a week into mine and am now doing exactly the same journey in my Teg R and only putting in 40quid a week, both have similar manufacturers figures (i.e. approx 30 MPG) but the Supra seems to come with a guy with a ladle that chucks fuel out of the back everytime you boot it :), and you will boot it, often. I both Cases I was/am getting about 250Mile from a tank, just the SUpra Tank is much bigger.

(Edited by HardHead42 at 8:12 pm on Mar. 9, 2002)

fuel wise the best ive got is 315 miles from a tank full :), no urban driving, a straight run up to scotland. dont expect this around town. like matt i get an average of between 170 - 230 miles / tank. i think my tank is 55ltrs. ive never spent so much on fuel, but its worth every penny (£2500-£3500 per year)

Guest Mycroft

I didn't realise the tank on a Supra was so small! Is that right?

The Soarer (sold as a GT) has a huge 78ltr tank! 400miles max, usually 300mls then 65/70ltrs.

Last year spent damn near £4000 on fuel! I just wanna stop for a moment and think about that.....................................................................................gulp.