The mkiv Supra Owners Club

PHR T61 or Precision T61

ray007

Why not just fit the divided turbo and sell the undivided, you are making this more complicated than it is :lol:

because i wana keep one as spare for future ref, and the divided turbo needs the seals done, and more importantly im not sure which one is better, the divided PHR T61 or the undivided Precision T61?

also can i mix and match the housings?

im just about to take off my phr stage 2 t62 dbb in perfect working order if you wont to buy that mate :D

f#*k.... leave me alone :D why couldnt you tel me a week ago?

anyway hows the spool up on that and what bhp are you pushing?

hears what they say about it mate

Do you want more peak horsepower and torque than the Stage 1 System but don't want to sacrifice turbo response? If so, then the PHR Stage 2 System is for you! This ever-popular turbo system has been in use for eight years and has served the needs of drag racers, road racers, and street racers alike. The Stage 2 (GT62) turbocharger only needs 200 RPM more to make 30 more RWHP than the Stage 1 System, making it a top choice among Supra thrill-seekers! With full boost (18 psi) by 4000 RPM, the Stage 2 System features a broad torque curve through the midrange, and holds peak horsepower for longer. This makes the application of the Stage 2 System very versatile. However, as with any higher horsepower turbocharger upgrade, the Stage 2 System should only be used with supporting fuel and electronics upgrades such as the PHR Stage 1 or 2 fuel system and MAP ECU.

Spools good 3800 and im running 1.5 bar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Why not just fit the divided turbo and sell the undivided, you are making this more complicated than it is :lol:

any comment on this guys?

Wez answered your question earlier, if you have a divided manifold then fit the turbo with the divided housing.

If you want to fit the turbo with the un-divided housing either machine out the divider in the manifold flange or buy a divided housing for the turbo.

Running a non-divided turbo on a divided manifold is not a good idea, as the divider section of the flange can breakdown under heat over time.

Not sure what else you are wanting to hear, both turbos will give similar performance and spool up.