The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JEM garage in north london

Robert

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok quick update on the whole situation, things dont seem to be going very well, im still being told heat has caused the area around the bonnet pins to sink and crack, although i still believe this is BS but i really need a few favours from people, if anyone is an expert in fibreglass or is very experienced with fibreglass bodywork then please please PM and also does anyone know the melting point of fibreglass? i did a search on google and all i could find is 'textile' fibreglass and that has a melting point of 2000c, so if anyone knows the melting point fo the fibreglass used in bodykits then post here please.

Paul E - i will call you tomorrow mate

rallure, if you want *really* technical stuff and haven't got it over the weekend give me a shout and I'll post a message on my works forums.... you'll get *the* authoritative answers from 9,500 of this countries finest scientists - I'd love to see this garage answer against that! :)

Sounds BS mate - obviously caused by them pushing it down wrongly!

Go back and cancel the payment on the card - and tell them asap m8

I agree..I used to go to Jem when they were part of Jemca only because I trusted John Hague (the Acid Bath murderer) who was the manager.

John was a good bloke shame hes gone to Scooby.

Also Since Jem have been divorced from Jemca..they seem to have gone right down hill and seem to make their money out of pulling the wool over the eyes of unsuspecting older folk, its become so easy for them (bless) that they seem to forget that some of us have our faculties and do tend to notice when things go tits up rather than tits droopy. :complain:

Dont let em get away with it..thats what their insurance is there for if it wasn't like that when you took it in..then its their fault regardless..stick to your guns.

I asked them once why my bill was so expensive...and they replied...'Coz its an expensive car!' they are too greedy and take the piss...dont bother with em.

:shrug:

They will even charge you to open the bonnet for 30 secs..I found..since then I will never use em.

:thumbdown

ok here are the pictures, sorry they are not very clear but you can still see the damage. The middle pic is of a very large paint crack that goes along the bottom of the bonnet and connects to both bonnet pins on either side and in the first pic you can see lots of scratches in the bottom left corner of the pics they are all paint cracks, again sorry the pics arent good quality but it was raining, as i said when i find someone who can host the video then you can see the damage a lot better

PICT0008.JPG

PICT0003.JPG

PICT0002.JPG

PICT0006.JPG

PICT0007.JPG

no way, it had no cracks when they picked it up and after the MOT they dropped it back and it was like that, i called them up the same day to complain and went down there a few days later but the boss is telling me that heat caused it and i think he is talking s***. there are no cracks right over the turbos or on anyother part of the bonnet so how the hell could heat cause it :swear: