The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Test Drive

Guest BHP>MPG

I saw this after Hayden had sold, and asked the dealer how many mot's has he got for proof of milage, I said to him I saw it advertised with 143000miles on the clock by some on else, the answer I got was he got no previous history and he will be mot with the miles on the dash

Hi mate,

This is indeed my old car :) I loved her dearly and is in very good condition. Im posting up on this thread, not to engage in a debate about the advertised mileage etc but because I genuinely want the car to go to an enthusiast and someone who will look after it.

I sold the car with 143k miles. The speedo and odo had been converted to read in miles and I bought the car with 100ish k miles on the clock in November 2006.

The car has been in the country since 1997 and I gave the dealer all the MOTs/paperwork and bills from 1997 - 2010 ! I would call that history nothing short of comprehensive tbh.

The only issue with the car is that the heater matrix had failed. This is not a big issue if you dont mind the heaters not working. The interior fan and air-con work perfectly and the heater matrix has been sealed off and never caused me any problems. I cant confirm if the dealer has repaired this or not. Just make sure you run the heaters to see if the car will get warm inside the cabin on your test drive.

The car had oil changes ever 3-5k miles and never missed a beat when I owned it. The autobox fluid was changed every year and the car had a new radiator fitted in 2007 too.

Car is specced with iridium plugs, walbro fuel pump, fujitsubo exhaust with blitz 2nd decat, blitz sus air filter and HKS SSQV BOV. This equated to circa 320ish bhp and would run low 13 second 1/4 miles all day and night when I ran it at the drag strip.

It really was a fantastic car and I wouldnt have sold it for a penny less than 5 grand tbh.

You can see the life of the car in this thread since I bought it in 2006:

http://z14.invisionfree.com/hadyn/index.php?showtopic=2995

and heres my youtube channel with videos of it on the dyno, at dragstrips and with the engine running etc:

http://www.youtube.com/user/subliminalvcr

Please report back on how the test drive went and I wish you all the best :)

Dont let the mileage of 143k miles put you off. The car drives like something half the mileage!

Edited by hadyn (see edit history)

Guest BHP>MPG
The mileage seems to have been an issue as per my PM to you with Haydn selling at 143k miles... just check it out and dont rush into buying. Haydn's ad was an honest ad etc just check it out and dont rush into buying

Again cheers for the PM, helped out alot

Hi mate,

This is indeed my old car :) I loved her dearly and is in very good condition. Im posting up on this thread, not to engage in a debate about the advertised mileage etc but because I genuinely want the car to go to an enthusiast and someone who will look after it.

I sold the car with 143k miles. The speedo and odo had been converted to read in miles and I bought the car with 100ish k miles on the clock in November 2006.

The car has been in the country since 1997 and I gave the dealer all the MOTs/paperwork and bills from 1997 - 2010 ! I would call that history nothing short of comprehensive tbh.

The only issue with the car is that the heater matrix had failed. This is not a big issue if you dont mind the heaters not working. The interior fan and air-con work perfectly and the heater matrix has been sealed off and never caused me any problems. I cant confirm if the dealer has repaired this or not. Just make sure you run the heaters to see if the car will get warm inside the cabin on your test drive.

The car had oil changes ever 3-5k miles and never missed a beat when I owned it. The autobox fluid was changed every year and the car had a new radiator fitted in 2007 too.

Car is specced with iridium plugs, walbro fuel pump, fujitsubo exhaust with blitz 2nd decat, blitz sus air filter and HKS SSQV BOV. This equated to circa 320ish bhp and would run low 13 second 1/4 miles all day and night when I ran it at the drag strip.

It really was a fantastic car and I wouldnt have sold it for a penny less than 5 grand tbh.

You can see the life of the car in this thread since I bought it in 2006:

http://z14.invisionfree.com/hadyn/index.php?showtopic=2995

and heres my youtube channel with videos of it on the dyno, at dragstrips and with the engine running etc:

http://www.youtube.com/user/subliminalvcr

Please report back on how the test drive went and I wish you all the best :)

Dont let the mileage of 143k miles put you off. The car drives like something half the mileage!

I'm in two minds now about this after seeing the dealer has obviously been hiding info and lying. I have sent a few emails to him and one of the replies was quite rude so I'm not even looking forward to meeting the guy in the morning.

He said he might not even let me drive it which to be honest is the main reason I'm going to look at it. I'm not travelling an hour for a passenger ride around traffic packed Southend.

Insurance also seems to be a bit of an interference at the moment so the Supra dream may not be fulfilled for a few more months which in that case I can wait around for a more trustworthy purchase

:( if it feels right m8 it feels right, whatever the history, you will know if its the car for you. any doubt walk away, whatever anyone says. There are thousands of bargains to be had daily. there are also thousands of buyers to be had too.....I bought my 1995 tt auto jspec, very clean, absolutely original, 76k miles, 2 1/2yrs ago for £3500. I knew it was the right car even tho' I bought it sight unseen.

good luck

Rob

Email reply from seller to my ebay

Dear ********111,

TBM INT.

view by appointment only

southend on sea

Essex

SS3 9RA

United Kingdom

+44.(0)1702.588894

+44.(0)7770.792454

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi the present reading is 120k but this is made up of km's and miles

- tbm-int

Seems the mileage will be an issue sold with 143k now on 120k (with a mixture of KM and Miles) I would walk straight off especially as Haydn has confirmed he gave the dealer the history for which they are saying there is non... I wonder why ;) History with imports will sometimes be sketchy but this is a Uk to garage trade in so all the details should be the same as when Haydn traded in

Edited by scotty71 (see edit history)

Guest BHP>MPG

Well gave insurance a call today and they said they don't insure the vehicle for anybody, I thought I may have a problem because of my age but it turns out it's just my insurer causing troubles. I assumed because most other places would insure me that my own insurer would....this means I will have to wait a couple of months before the Supra dream is fulfilled.

However I guess it's a sign that this car wasn't for me.

As the seller was very rude to me over eBay however I am going to inform him that I have lost interest because of the shady advert and not because I can't buy it.

ALthough it was not needed in the end, cheers to everybody that gave me advice in this thread and over PM, should I have actually gone to look at the supe and had intentions of buying it I felt confident I knew exactly what to look for thanks to all your advice.

Guest BHP>MPG

20 years old, may be a bit of a dreamer but I have £400 spending money a month from a job that I love.

If I wait a couple of months I'm looking at paying £900 insurance when I turn 21, which is looking to be the more sensible route.

im 21 mate n pay 1560 fully comp on a tt auto, some might think tis is expensive but it the cheapest insurancse i have ever had lol

(i no there are huge numbers of factors to take into account when insurance quote but you can get a rough idea of what your own is from others prices)

Guest BHP>MPG
Have you actually been quoted £900 from an insurer?

Yeah £900, doing 5000 miles a year.

This is 4 or 5 months from now so it can go up or down, sideways and whichways, but as insurance seems to be on the up it will probably go up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am very glad I found this thread.... I was planning on going to essex to have a look / buy this car.

I think I will be keeping my money safely in my pocket , and not giving it to a dealer who is clocking cars. Seirously someone should report this guy who is selling this.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...