The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitting autoshine diffuser

CarlT67

Going to give mine a go next week. Spats are off already, so will see if I can get the oem spats back over the top of the side pods... Im thinking of doing what JamieP did and just self tap the centre part to the bumper. I might have to modify mine though due to the size if my exhaust. Ill be in 2 minds though as obviously they cost alot of money and who would want to buy a second hand one with bits chopped off it. Will let everyone know I get on.

Mine only came with two brackets too, one of each type. I had some stainless spare and made a couple, wasn't to hard and I think they're a little tougher than the ones supplied.

As far as downforce being created I very much doubt it, the aft brackets are attached to the bumper on mine and the plastic OEM bumper is massively flexy any downforce that 'may be' created would just be distorting the bumper.

Looks cool though :)

does anyone have the brackets to hand' date=' i could use some dimentions as i haven't got any, so will be making them at work while the gaffer is looking the other way!![/quote']

I'll measure mine when i get home and post them up. To be fair i'll be beefing them up abit as i wouldnt trust them to hold paper

• 4 weeks later...

I want to see how it would look like if there is some sort of sealant (black sikaflex or something similar in this case) used in that small gap between the bumper and diffuser...

Has anybody done this or have pics of a Supra with this done?

Looking nice on your car btw ;)

• 3 years later...
Guest Allan Campbell

hi sorry to bother you dude... love the pics u have up for fitting the diffuser.. I have this exact same diffuser BUTTTTT I have a full veilside kit on my car including rear spats and I don't want to remove the spats as they are fully blended in etc but also I like the look of the veilside ones over the carbon ones that come with the diffuser. so I was wondering if there is a way for me to fit this diffuser with the veilside spats on, also how easy was it to fit. am really feeling worried about tryin to fit lol. unfortunately I don't have the mounting brackets with my diffuser, so is it easy enuff to just make up spats out of some sort of metal and how many are needed?

thanks very much

• 7 months later...