The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice on buying this Supra..!

Brazil

I did an HPI Check and it is clean..! I think that if I carbon fiber wrapped the dash, it would look a lot better and break up the yellow on the seats..! The gold in the engine bay I can slowly change bits and it will break up the gold and eventually look good.

I know there are some really nice Supra's for that kind of money, like the 95 white single with the chrome engine bay that got sold not too long ago. but I like the fact that it is a 2000 model nice kit good color plus it is going to be practical for me because I am able to do my trade plus cash and get my ass back to Portugal for some sun shine and surfing..!

I won’t know for sure till I have a look at it on the 5th of April.

I believe I am able to give it a thorough look over on my own but I would appreciate any advice of what to look out for! How long a test drive do you guys recommend also..? I was thinking at least 30 mins..?

You guys will see the transformation of the wacky bits plus I intend to finish of the BPU.

Once again many thanks for your comments, I look forwards to becoming a real ‘member’ with a supra..!

Rgds,

Brazil

if you want get her to drop it round and I'll have a good look round it for you.

I believe I am able to give it a thorough look over on my own but I would appreciate any advice of what to look out for! How long a test drive do you guys recommend also..? I was thinking at least 30 mins..?

See Dude's offer above to check it over.

Also see buyers guide here http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=67644

The crash was a light tap in the front from what I remember, it would not bother me, you can see the reg number it is quite easy to get it HPI checked that will tell you if it is recorded, the paintwork is now very nice and it does have some nice bits, I do not see how this is expensive when people put up 94's for 8K and get messages saying 'great price' should sell quickly, its 6 years newer and very low miles for the year.

Hi Dude,

Thanks for ur input, can you tell me how much would it cost for u tool look at it? and what kind of checks you would do?

How far are you from Surrey..?

Many Thanks,

Brazil

Hi Dude,

Thanks for ur input, can you tell me how much would it cost for u tool look at it? and what kind of checks you would do?

How far are you from Surrey..?

Many Thanks,

Brazil

I can do whatever you like dude, we can put it on the ramp and have a good look underneath, I will take it for a spin and see how it drives, if you justy want me to have a look round it and comment we will do that for free, to go more in depth prob around £75, if you want compression checks thats getting a bit more expensive.

The car is around 20 mins from our workshop.

Edited by dude (see edit history)

I can do whatever you like dude, we can put it on the ramp and have a good look underneath, I will take it for a spin and see how it drives, if you justy want me to have a look round it and comment we will do that for free, to go more in depth prob around £75, if you want compression checks thats getting a bit more expensive.

The car is around 20 mins from our workshop.

Hi Dude,

That is very cool of you to offer the walk around for free. If I wanted to have ur more in depth inspection would I need to book it in or could I just turn up?;)

Idealy I would inspect it my self test drive it to your place let you have a walk around, and if by that time I feel or you suggest taking a closer look we will take it from there. ;)

I am planning to see the car on Monday 5th of April.:search:

Ps. Your shop looks sick, and you have some great services available. :cool:

Many Thanks....!

yea 13k is a bit much for that.

id say its worth 9-10k

If you think this is worth only 9-10k u must of paid 5k for urs..? people advertise a clean 96 with a few bits and pieces for 10k..? This car is 4yrs younger with 64k miles..! you know how much a car depreciates in 4yrs..! quite a bit..! then consider that this car has a nice interior 'except the dash' and figure how much it would cost to put right an interior of a 96 model! Then there is the fact that I like the color and bodykit most other cars there would be bits and pieces i would have to put right..! then the large breaks wheels. before i know it i would of payed more then what I am willing to pay for this one and I have an older car..!

Please dont think I am getting on to u, I did ask for ur comments..hahaha I wrote this just to show you my logic..!

Many Thanks...!