The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Matt H Supra - 1998 GT35r Single Turbo in Candy Orange

Matt H

Well, this could be something I live to regret badly, but I fancy a GT-R and there’s no way I can have both. This car has been a huge part of me for a long time; I’ve lived and sweated it. I love it to bits and still not sure if I’m doing the right thing as I write this advert.

The car is a 1998 Aerotop GT35r Dual Ball Bearing Single Turbo, ML Auto finished in HoK Candy Paint, built from the frame upwards and meticulously overhauled by Michel Lane and mapped by Ryan G.

Included in the sale is the Private Reg: R9 SUP (This is unless the car goes abroad then I’ll probably keep hold of it)

The Engine and gearbox have covered approx 2k miles since both being fully built by ML. The OD reads 78900

Tax until May '11

MOT until Nov '10

Unlike a lot of built cars, this one has all the supra goodies such as ABS.

A lot of people desire a manual, but I love the autobox and mated with the GT35r, it’s seamless and powerful. It’s great around town and plentiful in power when you call on it with rapid gear changes that make for fast acceleration. To me it’s the perfect combination.

Qoute from the builder, Michel Lane:

The way this car drives and developes boost is amazing. I think you forgotten to mention that the car has a built autobox MATT , it should be good for 600hp as there are a few out there from the same source running this. Its only running 1.3bar at the moment , but has potential for an easy 1.7bar. With a larger turbo I would say a good 600hp, but it drives like stock. "i dont think you can drive the car at 1.7bar, so dont think about asking for more boost !".

The car has a built bottom and all supporting mods for a good 700hp, it just need re-tuning for 1.7bar and a larger turbo for 600+ hp. Fueling system/ ECU/ engine /brakes /coolers / will handle up to 700hp.

Good luck on the sale Matt, it is a lovely car to drive especially when the sun is out, unfortunately for me as i am getting old, i got to much attention:d

The car hasn’t been dyno’d properly as yet, but it’s estimated to be in the region of 500bhp at 1.3 bar (fly).

When the car is ready to go to its new owner, I’ll take it up to Michel’s for a full service and check over so it’s got fresh oil and plugs etc ready for its new life.

I'd say the only thing that I would do if keeping the car would be to full re-trim the interior in brand new leather. Black on the seat, dash and pillars, finished with orange stitching - Well that would be my dream anyway.

Price: £22.5k

P/X consideration for a nice clean car.

[email protected]

Brief Spec list (the new buyer will get a comprehensive engine spec list from Michel)

Engine Specifications:

Fully Rebuit Engine

Eagle Rods

Wisco Pistons

ML Built Box capable over 500hp

Multiple Oil coolers

GT35R Dual Ball Bearing Turbo

Cast Manifold - SP Performance

Greddy 3 Row front mounted Intercooler

AEM Fuel Rail

650'cc injectors

Greddy Emanage Blue Gold

Tial 44mm Wastegate

Bltiz BOV

Whitbitz Exhaust

AEM Wideband

AEM boost controller (Including gauge) 3 preset boost settings. 1 bar, 1.2 and 1.3

Defi EGT, Fuel and Oil Pressure Gauges

Walbro Fuel Pumps

Etc etc

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres & Brakes:

AP Racing Front discs and 6 Piston Calipers

Uk Rear discs and Calipers

Tein Mono flex Suspension

Webs Kranze Borphes 19" wheels. 12" wide rears, 9.5" wide fronts

Do-luck Aerotop Floor Pan Brace

Full Geo alignment to mate new wheels and suspension

Interior & ICE:

OEM Recaro Seats

Issota Zulag steering wheel

Metalic Black sprayed dash with brushed aluminium additions

220mph Metal Monkey Dials

Chrome dial rings

Original Black Carpet

New replacement stock items such as leather gear knob and leather handbrake

Pioneer head unit with SD card slot and Ipod control (including Iphone 3GS)

Rainbow SLX265-Deluxe Components up front

Rainbow Co-axial in the rear

Exterior:

H.I.D's

Do-Luck Front bumper

Blitz Side Skirts

VS overfenders

Trial Rear

Varis spoiler

Custom Bonnet

OEM Facelift front and rear lights

OEM Facelift Indicators

OEM Crystal Clear side repeaters

Everything fully blended

Full respray in HoK custom Tangerine Kandy

Security

Sssh - Cat 1 alarm and another little secret

History

I jumped at the chance to buy the aero top shell that Ibrar (a trader on here) was selling when it came up in the For Sale section (see the below picture for more info). The shell had been professionally repaired following damage that required a new front panel, OS front corner piece, OS rear quarter and rear end panel. The chassis legs were spot on and had not been touched. The shell was recorded as a CAT C which meant that is was uneconomical for the insurer to repair; perfect for my project.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words, so I’ll let the pictures do the talking:

Weds Kranze Borphes – Stunning wheels imported from Japan, the rims alone costs well over £2k:

Brand new OEM parts such headlights, indicators, side repeaters, leather handbrake and gear level etc to make sure the car felt new.

The bodywork was undertaken by Knight Racer; with everything fully blended and finished in House of Kolor Candy Tangerine over Zenith Gold. I selected what I believe are the best components from various manufacturers, such as Do-Luck, Trial, Varis and Blitz to combine together to form a stunning finish.

Then I decided to go single :D I couldn’t have done it without the help of this man. The legend! :D

We selected the GT35r DBB turbo to mate to the built autobox to deliver striking power while maintaining low down grunt thanks to the fast spool of this particular turbo.

New Whitbitz Exhaust Fitted last weekend:

Rainbow Components up front and Rainbow Co-axials in the rear:

Metal Monkey Dials (220mph):

Well this one didn’t come out to great:

Japshow:

Taken a couple of nights ago on my iclone:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
A stunning car!! Just a little point though, if it's a Facelift model, why have the side repeaters on and a dash from a pre-facelift model ?? :confused::confused:

As you can see from the pics, the car started life as just a shell. The Facelift loom was for the N/A engine it had, so to get everything working with the TT, I used the pre-facelift loom, and hence the pre-faclift gauges went in.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Received from Ibrar Jabber

MattH has asked me to PM you regarding comments about his Supra shell, he purchased off me. I have written a brief description below.

I would just like to set the record straight about MattH's car, I have seen numerous threads about the car being cut and shut, two cars in one, blah, blah.

This was going to be a car I was going to keep for myself, (so wouldn't touch anything with heavy damage). Unfortunately I had to sell due to lack of space in the new unit I had purchased. The shell was repaired to a very high standard and required panel work ONLY (n/s 1/4 panel, back panel and wing) even the seam sealer looked OEM.

The shell was measured up and required no jigging as all the chassis legs was perfectly straight, so all this nonsense about the car being cut & shut is a load of bollox and I can challenge anybody who disagrees to prove them wrong.

As you can see from the pics, the car started life as just a shell. The Facelift loom was for the N/A engine it had, so to get everything working with the TT, I used the pre-facelift loom, and hence the pre-faclift gauges went in.

you didint need to swap the looms, it would have worked fine with the excrption of the oil level light and the OEM boost gauge, and those are an easy fix lol

you didint need to swap the looms, it would have worked fine with the excrption of the oil level light and the OEM boost gauge, and those are an easy fix lol

Really? N/A to TT, wow, wish I did it that then I could have kept the facelift gauges

Really? N/A to TT, wow, wish I did it that then I could have kept the facelift gauges

yeah honest lol, my cars a na facelift 6speed, now got a VVTI TT in it, although i looked at the wiring diag for a prevvti too and found it was fine

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still @ 22.5k. :blink: Not about time you dropped the price dude??

As I've stated many times, I wouldn't sell it for anyless. If it doesn't go for that price I keep hold of it. I'm in talks with someone at the moment anyway, but the summer has made me not want to sell it.

As I've stated many times, I wouldn't sell it for anyless. If it doesn't go for that price I keep hold of it. I'm in talks with someone at the moment anyway, but the summer has made me not want to sell it.

Have to be honest matt i do feel its a little over priced its a lovely car and i know you have thrown endless amounts of cash into it, but i think you should be looking around the 18-19k 6 speed yeah 22-23k all day long

just my opinion

I think its worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Certainly had a fortune spent on it and is a "one-off"!

The market is crazy right now - Colins Do-Luck car was worth MUCH more than it sold for, same as Chiefgroover's bargain last week!!

Can people stop commenting on what they 'think' my car is worth. I don't know how many times I need to state that this is the price it's going for and I won't sell it for any less. I don't need to sell it, and I'm not sure if it's something I will regret if it does sell.

The car has cost me over 3 times at much to build, and I'd prefer to have it than let it go for less. simples.

While there are people who think it's over priced, there are those that think it's a bargain. Like Jamesy said, it's worth whatever someone will pay. To me it's worth years of build and nearly £100k in ownership.

The way this car drives and developes boost is amazing. I think you forgotten to mention that the car has a built autobox MATT , it should be good for 600hp as there are a few out there from the same source running this. Its only running 1.3bar at the moment , but has potential for an easy 1.7bar. With a larger turbo I would say a good 600hp, but it drives like stock. "i dont think you can drive the car at 1.7bar, so dont think about asking for more boost !".

The car has a built bottom and all supporting mods for a good 700hp, it just need re-tuning for 1.7bar and a larger turbo for 600+ hp. Fueling system/ ECU/ engine /brakes /coolers / will handle up to 700hp.

Its a shame how people slate this car and its value, I bought my first supra and paid 4k over the top compared to jspec cars, I have been very happy with it and its down to the individuals choice.

Good luck on the sale Matt, it is a lovely car to drive especially when the sun is out, unfortunately for me as i am getting old, i got to much attention:d

Its a shame how people slate this car and its value, I bought my first supra and paid 4k over the top compared to jspec cars, I have been very happy with it and its down to the individuals choice.

Cheers Michel. Talk of potential like that just gets my imagination ticking over! :D I've inlcuded your post in my for sale as it offers a lot of info on the car.

6 speed yeah 22-23k all day long

I consider the built box better than a manual as the acceleration is faster, but that's a preferance though. Anyone that would want to feel the consistant pull through the gears in my built auto may be a bit more warming to them.

What is the adjuster setup for the recline on your's Matt?

Checked the seats last night. There's an almost triangular twist knob to recline on each seat at the door side. the sides facing the centre console don't have knobs. There's a latch on the top to put the seat forward to allow people to get in the back. There's also a lateral bar underneath the front that you pull to move the seat forward and back.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.