The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to get a full roll cage made?

SupraHuman

I had mine done at Robinson Race Cars, cost about £1400 + VAT approx from memory. I was happy with it apart from they didn't tie the cage into the pillars which I asked them to do and leaves the shell flopping around the cage. Plus I asked them to make sure I can still get my heater in and out if I needed to which I've just discovered I cant as they've welded the stock dash bar into the cage. Basically to get my heater out I've got to smash it out and wont be able to put one back in it if I want to, not what I wanted. Apart from that its very good.
Cheers for your input Paul,heater is not a problem since it's not a DD.Do you recon they could bolt the dash bar to the cage?When you say tie the cage down do you mean bolt or weld?I would prefer bolts myself.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for your input Paul,heater is not a problem since it's not a DD.Do you recon they could bolt the dash bar to the cage?When you say tie the cage down do you mean bolt or weld?I would prefer bolts myself.

Tie it into the pillars, as in weld the cage in. That stops the shell moving around the cage, at the moment I can hear the shell creaking round corners! I'm getting it sorted right now somewhere else.

My cage was £2405 +VAT from Andy Robinson Racing, here is the spec :-

FIA/MSA approved 9 point weld in cage with in door `X`s, also attached to the chassis in various points like the A pilars etc, fabricated from 4130 chrome moly tubing exceeding FIA and MSA regs.

They did a great job, just need some harder suspension now to take full advantage of the stiffer chassis :thumbs:

EDIT: I have my original quotes here and it would have been £1745 +vat for the none Chrome Moly cage.

Edited by Wez (see edit history)

Looks ace Wez,do you need a rear strut brace when you have the cage welded just above the towers?Also any problem for a 6'5" person getting in and out with the cage criss crossing in the door opening?

:lol: the rear strut was removed a while back, those are pics from the day I picked it up ;)

I would say for someone that size it would be tricky, was a nightmare for me at first but you get use to it, the only prob I have now is I am sitting too high as I run bride frames on Sparco Corsa seats, with a lid and the rollcage padding its not the greatest position, I am working to fix it.

Looks ace Wez,do you need a rear strut brace when you have the cage welded just above the towers?Also any problem for a 6'5" person getting in and out with the cage criss crossing in the door opening?

Wez's cage doesnt look too bad, getting in some of these cars is an art, when im up near 15st I cannot get in a lot of cars, Suprash's I cannot get in full stop!!! I have found getting in harder than getting out, best way to get out with an X brace is a sort of dive out the car style!!!

Wez's cage doesnt look too bad, getting in some of these cars is an art, when im up near 15st I cannot get in a lot of cars, Suprash's I cannot get in full stop!!! I have found getting in harder than getting out, best way to get out with an X brace is a sort of dive out the car style!!!

As dignified as Jeremy Clarckson getting out of a Ford F40?:D