The mkiv Supra Owners Club

great day, vortex single

afennell

Guest Terry S
I thought that too :) Looks good work though on the turbo.

Terry, has Mark at Phoenix had any joy with the elusive gearbox seal tool?

Paul

Think so mate, he has the SST # for it

DIY on a J-spec should be a simple enough job for anyone thats ever owned a mechano set :)

At the end of the day its just nuts and bolts.

are ya serious? and why only on a J-Spec, why's it not as easy on a UK spec?

Is there no fuel mapping required?

I think John is refering to the fact that the Budget kit is far easier to put together on a Jspec as it was is was made for a Jspec. On UK cars the kit needs some ajusting ..but thanks to the kind help of people like John we will be offering a uk friendly kit in the future. The kit was made mainly for Jspecs as they tend to surcome to turbo failure more often than UK cars ..but it seems that it's just as popular with the UK guys

I think John is refering to the fact that the Budget kit is far easier to put together on a Jspec as it was is was made for a Jspec. On UK cars the kit needs some ajusting ..but thanks to the kind help of people like John we will be offering a uk friendly kit in the future. The kit was made mainly for Jspecs as they tend to surcome to turbo failure more often than UK cars ..but it seems that it's just as popular with the UK guys

cool man cool :thumbs:

so is it just a bolt-on job? no ecu trickery/mapping required?

what's that braided thing I can see in the picture above, just below the turbo. is it a CAT?

BTW yer websites fooked - images failing to load.

so is it just a bolt-on job? no ecu trickery/mapping required?

It's required if you want to run larger injectors. Without larger injectors the j-spec would be quite limited insofar as the amount of boost it could safely run.
what's that braided thing I can see in the picture above, just below the turbo. is it a CAT?
Yeah that's right, it's a cat :rolleyes:

No you berk, it's a flexible section of exhaust downpipe.

Guest Terry S

we tried a fix on adams fueling. If you went for the 0.7bar wastegate spring then the 440's should be fine. TBH ideally a set of 550/650's an an Ian C emanage is the way to go. I now that is Adams long term plan.

The fitting is £700 if required.

sure is, just need to sell some organs first.

Just want to take this opportunity to terry and phoenix for this fantastic kit and very tidy install.

:thanks:

we tried a fix on adams fueling. If you went for the 0.7bar wastegate spring then the 440's should be fine. TBH ideally a set of 550/650's an an Ian C emanage is the way to go. I now that is Adams long term plan.

The fitting is £700 if required.

Mig hit the nail on the head, not that I want do dicourage people away from his excelent work but fitting on a j-spec would be quite easy for anyone who is reasonably confidant they can tell a spanner from a screwdriver.

If you want to know whats involved in making the J-spec Kit fit a UK car have a look at my website - http://www.efter-stormen.net - I would'nt recomend that unless you have access to a lot of expensive kit.