The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anybody fitted a baby seat in the back of a Supe?

Justin

Does anyone know if you can get a car seat that you can use with and without Isofix ?

As we know, the soop does not have them but, my primary family car does so, was going to switch to Isofix units as they are ~10KG each now and ready for the next size seat but, not sure if they can be used in both situations ?

i.e. Belts in the soop and Isofix in the other car ?

I'm not buying 4 seats!

We don't have the luxury of a 3rd car anymore.

I tried one today at 'baby's are us' and the lady freaked and said she wouldn't sell it to me to fit into 'that car!' :p

Has anyone fitted a baby seat in the back? If so can you tell me the make and model of the seat you bought. I'm talking about the 9 month to 4 years ones.

I can't put him in the front as there is an airbag in the dash. I can't put him in the boot coz he'll bang his head on the NOS bottles :D

Remove the airbag and fit some nice gauges in its place?

I stuck the child seat in the front on my car, my son's going to be a car nut I think, within 2 months of being born he was taken out in my Supra, Skyline and an EVO7!

A customer of mine a couple of years back had a child seat in the back though, no idea what make it was though unfortunately and the customer appears to have dissapeared off the face of the earth so can't ask him either. It can be done though by the look of it.

Cheers

paul

• 9 months later...
that seat is not suitable for the supra... suffers from "Buckle Crunch" .... by the looks of the picture.

(I'm a trained baby seat fitter)

Really what would yuo sugest asi' gonna buy one very soon for the supe. This means keeping or selling the car so no fukcing about please:blink: :(

I've not personally tried any seats in my car yet tbh.

But the one in that picture is not suitable. If the buckle touches/lies across any part of the seat frame which is facing forward, then this is classed as buckle crunch.

Basically in an accident the plastic/buckle could brake because of the forward force of the seat. If this happend the seat could then come loose and fly forward at speed.

The Britax First Class seat is designed to fit the majority of cars, especially those that suffer from buckle crunch on alot of other seats. This is because it can be fitted an alternate way. I have one for the womans Beetle, but seeing as the baby isn't here yet, I haven't tried it in the Supra.

Unfortunatley not every seat fits every car (which is what people honestly think!)... people tend to buy seats because they "like the colour" etc.... but 9/10 times the seat isn't actually suitable for the car!!

Best bet is to goto somewhere like halfords, and the fitter there should take out seat after seat until they find one that fits.

Also depends if the child is under 9months or over... if under, then possibly something like the Graco Autobaby + Base (for ease of use), or the First Class can be rearward mounted, but might take up quite alot of space compared with the Autobaby.

If the kid is +9months.. then my previous advice still stands. :)

If +9months... if the seat is narrow enough, then the britax evolva seat is a decent seat as it also belts in a different way compared with most seats.