The mkiv Supra Owners Club

clutch problem, help

mikerunner

You need the whole thing, as the different pistons fit different bodies.

SZR 1994 5speed;

04313-17010 (repair kit)

31470-22120 (complete slave cylinder)

31473-22010 (push-rod)

SZ 1994 5speed;

2 types;

04313-17010

04313-22030 (repair kit)

31470-22120 (complete slave cylinder)

31473-20031 (2nd repair kit)

31473-22010 (push-rod)

GZ 1994 6speed;

04313-14020 (repair kit)

31470-14060 (complete slave cylinder)

31473-14030 (push-rod)

RZ 1994 6speed;

same as GZ

• 4 weeks later...

finally got the car back from garage i had to wait 3 weeks to get a complete slave from toyota,

i tried a repair kit but didnt work, had to replace my slave for smaller poston slave,

with this new set up my bitting point is at the very bottom even with the smaller piston, only just releases, im guess it may take a few miles to wear in, and bitting point might come up abit,

A smaller diameter slave piston will extend further per inch of master cylinder travel. A larger slave piston will extend less. So the smaller slave piston should have moved the arm and bearing further, (quite a bit further given the diameters of the two slave pistons), with the clutch pedal pressed to the floor, and hence the clutch should have released with less pedal movement. . I suspect something else is wrong here.

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

with clutch to the floor i can change gear and it doesnt creep, if i raise 5mm its at bitting point, thats with smaller slave fitted,

do you think its a fitting issue or something else wrong like master cylinder

i also noticed in the inspection panel for clutch that the release arm/folk was wobble slightly loose, should that be the case?

Mike I thought this was all sorted as i hadn't heard from you!!!!

Rob did as I said and gave the car an absolute thrashing and the pedal is now great, he loves it, try doing just that a big rpm launch and slip the clutch a lot then really give it some stick.

Just seen your other post dude, I take it the same garage fitted the clutch!!!!! If you are stuck and worried bring the car down and I'll have a look at it and see if we can sort it for you (FOC of course) If you decide to go for a rebuilt master let me know I can get a kit and rebuild mine then we can just fit it straight to yours, so no hanging about, Im going to fit a kit to mine anyway.

• 8 months later...

Just read this and not sure if i will need another slave cylinder.. I have a v161 in a SZR 6speed? I had assumed the slaves were the same.. I wanted this fitted for supra pod, but not sure i want to dismantle car only to find im stuck in gear..

Any help would be great