The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dyno Day - Central Scotland (Performance HQ, Dalgety Bay, Fife) - POSTPONED***

tDR

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey tDR... Is there any chance of this going ahead?

I'd be up for this too, and my car was dyno'd at Surrey Rolling Road before I bought it. AFIK theres been no more mods done since so should give an idea of how comparable the two RRds are.

1. tDR - '09 Alfa Romeo 159 Ti 2.4 JTDm Manual

2. billy bhoy-93 supra gz aero tt auto unsure of bhp!not falling for that again!

3. brian mallon-supra tt auto-unsure bhp!

4. sim1987-supra n/a bhp 230-250

5. mustang - 93 6spd TT BPU - 400 fwhp expected

Hey tDR... Is there any chance of this going ahead?

Yeah, just a question of when. Have spoken to one of the mods on sxoc with a view to a joint day at Hypertech (Dyno Dynamics RR, should be fine for Autos) in Bonnybridge near Falkirk - they're up for it so just need to get the ball rolling.

Provisional timescale - end of Feb.

Cheers,

Brian.

2. billy bhoy-93 supra gz aero tt auto unsure of bhp!not falling for that again!

6. Geo Single T67 6 speed (530bhp)

Might I suggest a local meet for the Aberdeen lot and whoever else want to join on Saturday the 30th? :confused: Hopefully the snow will have cleared a bit by then. Havn't seen any other dates thrown out there yet so hopefully this will get the ball rolling :tumble: Any thoughts on Central meet yet? Im willing to travel anywhere really not fussed distance wise.

In fact, Alex when you away again? dont want you missing out if folks agree on that date. :thumbs:

7. Joka Seat Cupra 1.8T (180bhp) Geo's Mate

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be up for this. swapping my n/a auto for a TT manual this weekend so will be very interested to find out the power. Supposedly 380 - 400 according to the garage i'll be getting it from

8. Rosscod22

Have been speaking to Hypertech about this - they can do Sunday (rather than Sat) 28th Feb but are looking for a 50% deposit which is abnormal given it's never been necessary for other RR days I've been to or arranged.

Also found out Dastek have changed name to Performance HQ (or something like that!) following a management buyout - Gerry is still there though which is why most folk like them! They've sold the Dastek dyno they had and are waiting on a Mainline dyno coming - these are new and are meant to be similar to Dyno Dynamics with all the good features and improved software. Incidently, Dyno Dynamics Oz and Europe have gone bust...

Given autos can be done on a DD down south, it may mean Performance HQ can do all our cars once they have the new dyno in place which is expected to be sometime in Feb...

What do we think folks?

Cheers,

Brian.

Have been speaking to Hypertech about this - they can do Sunday (rather than Sat) 28th Feb but are looking for a 50% deposit which is abnormal given it's never been necessary for other RR days I've been to or arranged.

Also found out Dastek have changed name to Performance HQ (or something like that!) following a management buyout - Gerry is still there though which is why most folk like them! They've sold the Dastek dyno they had and are waiting on a Mainline dyno coming - these are new and are meant to be similar to Dyno Dynamics with all the good features and improved software. Incidently, Dyno Dynamics Oz and Europe have gone bust...

Given autos can be done on a DD down south, it may mean Performance HQ can do all our cars once they have the new dyno in place which is expected to be sometime in Feb...

What do we think folks?

Cheers,

Brian.

Go with Performance HQ Brian, means we are all able to get a run on the dyno, and it will be a nice little meet.

Whats the damage on cost??

Go with Performance HQ Brian, means we are all able to get a run on the dyno, and it will be a nice little meet.

Whats the damage on cost??

Hypertech have a Dyno Dynamics and say they can do autos also.

My personal preference will be Performance HQ - was only entertaining another location as Dastek couldn't do autos.

Will contact Gerry at PHQ...

Cost I'm not sure on but have seen dyno days at anywhere between £20 and £60 in the past!

Another update on this - have made contact with Gerry at Performance HQ. He gets his Mainline dyno in March so can take us on a Saturday then once it's in and the cost will be £30 per car for 2 - 3 runs including a graph printout with BHP / Torque / AFR etc. plotted against RPM.

Suggest we postpone 'til then and get booked in with Gerry for as soon as he can take us. This means the location will be Dalgety Bay, Fife, just over the Forth Road Bridge - pretty central for most of us!

Cheers,

Brian.

I'd rather wait till March to do the RR day at Performance HQ, that way auto's can be run aswell :p hopefully get a bigger turn out??

Did he say when in March Brian??

Dek.

Not yet, waiting on a provisional date.

Both RR places can do autos by the sounds of it but will make this a Performance HQ day.

Your car will need a loan of a TRAC ECU from another auto to stop it dropping gears and trying to climb out of the dyno regardless of dyno it's on - that was the conclusion when I tried to run it on a Dyno Dynamics down south with Ryan G. The connectors are there for it in the passenger footwell but the TRAC ECU was binned before I got the car, permanently disabling the stock traction control. Two min job to whack one in for a run if someone will loan you theirs...

Thread title and 1st post updated to reflect provisional date (Sat 3rd of April) along with details on a required deposit.

This deposit (£15) isn't for the Dyno owners but for the runners to ensure the day definitely goes ahead regardless of last minute pull outs or no shows which historically have put the day at risk.

Please only put your name down if you are serious and willing to pay this deposit to confirm your place on the list. The balance is to be paid on the day.

Current list:

8. Rosscod22

Please remove your name from the list if you can no longer make it or are not willing to pay a deposit. Will add the Paypal address (SXOC) to pay the deposit to once I have it.

Cheers,

Brian.

Worried? Nah, I know it would :D

I'd love to argue torque but I'd lose hands down there too :tongue:

Pfft, too easy! Thought you'd at least have a go at arguing the toss :p

Funny thing is, I think the NA owners might be in trouble... :D

Go on, stick yours on and play with your ECU's :)