The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pic Request - Matt Black Supra

Holden1989

Are you going to spray it Matt Black or were you thinking of the vinryl wrap stuff that was bouncing around here before?

Dont like vinyl, i dont trust myself not to hit the front end and have to get the panel completely wrapped all over again

I like Riks, although i dont like one of the pics where he has tried to 'touch it up' it doesnt look so nice then

I was thinking matt black, active front, UK bonnet and maybe facelift front and rear lights :sly:

(Kayla)

Edited by TRD-Rob (see edit history)

If you're going through the bother of doing a colour change, why not just get it done properly with a nice colour like RSP, stock black, etc? It isn't going to cost much extra condiering all the work involved with a colour change (windows out, doors off, etc)

As I mentioned on the phone to Rob today, I don't think the matt black look with work with a completely stock car, it'll just look like someone has painted it in primer. not to mention how much it will de-value the car.

If you're going through the bother of doing a colour change, why not just get it done properly with a nice colour like RSP, stock black, etc? It isn't going to cost much extra condiering all the work involved with a colour change (windows out, doors off, etc)

As I mentioned on the phone to Rob today, I don't think the matt black look with work with a completely stock car, it'll just look like someone has painted it in primer. not to mention how much it will de-value the car.

Have to agree, having had a few cars resprayed the finish of fresh black paint (or any paint!) is amazing,it makes the car look almost new again, especially if you add new headlights

any excuse !!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Because then it will be another boring stock NA (in my opinion), It was Robs idea on the Matt Black, i just wanted to do a pic request to see how good it would look. Stock cars always look the same, especially in a standard colour, and its not like we dont like to stand out at a meet :innocent:

De-valueing the car i dont think is so much of an issue, Rob bought it for 2k as you know and at the rate supras are depreciating a NA will be worth pittance in a few years time so it doesnt exactly ow Rob alot, chances are we will proberly keep it as a runaround til it dies

Because then it will be another boring stock NA (in my opinion), It was Robs idea on the Matt Black, i just wanted to do a pic request to see how good it would look. Stock cars always look the same, especially in a standard colour, and its not like we dont like to stand out at a meet :innocent:

It stand out, for sure, but not for a good reason :D Having a really nice paint on the car will make it look a little better than one that's purposely been made to look a bid shoddy if you see what I mean.