The mkiv Supra Owners Club

i won best toyota at JAE

original_amo

Surely best in show would be more prestigious than best toyota? Why on earth would they say you would have won but we already gave you a prize.... even though its a lesser one? Sounds like they were pulling your chain bud.

Well done though :thumbs:

to be fair they said the same to the 300zx owner, he wanted to win the show and shine and they said he couldnt win it??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Every person who won from there category was told on the spot. And then told to come collect there prize at 8pm. Best in show was told at 8.30 and pick in the end. Judges said they were sorry but they couldt hand out 2 prizes to the same person

Ps best in show didt have half the leather in his car, but hey you win some and lose some I'm not dissatisfied at all ;-)

Surely best in show would be more prestigious than best toyota? Why on earth would they say you would have won but we already gave you a prize.... even though its a lesser one? Sounds like they were pulling your chain bud.

Well done though :thumbs:

Edited by original_amo (see edit history)

Every person who won from there category was told on the spot. And then told to come collect there prize at 8pm. Best in show was told at 8.30 and pick in the end. Judges said they were sorry but they couldt hand out 2 prizes to the same person

So why not give the best prize in the show to the best car in the show and give the 2nd best prize in the show to the 2nd best car in the show?

Still doesn't make sense. In fact its completely the opposite way round from where it should be.

who won 'best in show'?

I understand what your saying I said the same thing. Best Toyota etc was picked beetween 10 and 5 best on show was picked last but they couldt give 2 awards to the same person therefore had to pick another car as every one who won there category was all ready told.

I understand, but that's not the way these things have ever worked in the past. Cars good enough to win the 'best Toyota' award should be eligible for 'best in show'. The fact that that's not the case shows either a dodgy sponsorship deal with the winner, a lack of understanding of how a car show awards ceremony works or a fundamental issue with the way the show is judged.

Bingo

The best car in show was a nissan but it wasn't the best nissan in the show.

i know?? mad isnt it LOL

jason won it with his "beast" 300zx, dont get me wrong its a stunning car in perfect condition and you gotta love those rims, talk about deeeeeeeep dish

Mike

JAE09011.jpg

JAE09012.jpg

JAE09014.jpg

A Nissan Silvia won best Nissan so the judging was twisted

was that the irish one? when it won they told the 300zx owner his was better but they couldnt give him the prize?? then he found out later he had won the overall best car?? strange way of doing it if you ask me??