The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How small is the earth.

bens747

So how small are we compared to the Earth? And how small are germs? And atoms? And quarks?

Makes you think there's probably something several powers bigger than the universe, then something else bigger than that.

I've always had it in my head that we simply make up a bigger organism with our planets being the makeup of their atom's.

Its not until you see the scale of the planet's in comparison that you really realise just how small we actually are. Our entire planet could explode and it would be the same as a germ farting in the desert.

his pronunciation of Betelguese made me lol...

Get the feeling it's not exactly his field of expertise?

It's interesting (if you like that sort of thing ;)) that Betelgeuse has shrunk by about 15% in diameter over the last 15 years or so... Some say it's going supernova, others say it's just an odd shape and we're seeing it from different angles...

Oh, and the dude in the second pic is 94! I hope I'm as sprightly, if I get that far... :)

I assume this video is for kids, or the American general public, as his narrative style is just so condescending!

And it's a good thing the OP found this video, as it's the motion picture version of the images I had ages ago that ScottM has linked to.

Even so, it just goes to show that we are insignificant in the shape of things, and wouldn't be missed if something major happened. I just hope it doesn't, as I've just put some washing out!

even though earh is pretty small comapired to over stars and planets, its the only stable and possiable planet to live on except mars (if u didnt need oxygen). In our solor system that is...

Murcury goes 500 degrees C on one side

Venus is simler as heat gets trapped from sulphuric acid clouds, nice....

Earth....An even balance.

Mars well its about as close as it will get to earth, coldest temp is about -25

Juspiter is is just a massive ball of gas lol

Saturn is the same

Uranus is - 300

neptune has clouds travelling at about 500mph (that would couse some wind resistance on outr supes lol)

and ploto is a ball of ice.

And for the sun, antares etc.... are just MASSIVE balls of heated gas!

So earth is pretty amazing for the size it is ;)

But the most Fu*ked up thig about space and still cant be explained....black holes!!!

haha.... yer the sad thing is we will never no in our life time the full answer of whats really goin on in the universe... :(

Well quite. I believe various astonomers have noted that blac holes have started to exhibit huge gravitational force on the letter K...and the occasional g leadin to mysterious disappearances across the nown forum.

I guess we'll never no thouh?