The mkiv Supra Owners Club

twin turbo auto or manual

Guest George89

If my N/A auto is unstable in the wet (at fast speeds) especially if I wanted to kickdown then a TT would be 10 times worse I would have thought, thats the point I was getting at.

If your car is unstable in the wet i would suggest its something wrong with your car rather than what geerbox it has :p

I have never, ever, had the back end step out in my auto tt. My manual NA however was all over the place in the wet.

is this fella even interested in the thread he started? no replies. im guessing this is another one of them newbie threads which is based around achieving 500bhp. what is it with 500bhp? whats wrong with 480 or 620? why does everyone strive for bang on 500bhp?!

If you can't drive, get an Auto. If you can drive get a manual :)

Hehe just kidding, just drive both and see what you prefer. I hate Auto gearboxes, but have to say I was impressed when I drove an Auto TT. I couldn't own one as I much prefer a manual box, but the Auto was certainly nothing like I thought it would be.

Drive both, then decide ;)

is this fella even interested in the thread he started? no replies. im guessing this is another one of them newbie threads which is based around achieving 500bhp. what is it with 500bhp? whats wrong with 480 or 620? why does everyone strive for bang on 500bhp?!

yeah these 500 bhp threads are a bit pointless. too much for bpu. and thats a very small single.

If your car is unstable in the wet i would suggest its something wrong with your car rather than what geerbox it has :p

I have never, ever, had the back end step out in my auto tt. My manual NA however was all over the place in the wet.

No my car drives sweet in the rain at normal speed infact I feel safer in my supra than when I had my GTIR, Its If I put my foot down mainly on slight incline the rear kicks out thats whats supposed to happen on a decent powered rear wheel drive (without traction control).

I cant see how a TT would not spin or kick out in the rain when it has so much power. You might be right they might stick to the road in rain but from my experiance owning/driving other RWDs you have to drive sensibly in bad weather conditions.