The mkiv Supra Owners Club

172mph!

Jake

Ooops, I must have skim read over that.

No probs matey, I do that all the time.

( tried looking for a ' I'm Stupid' smiley but couldn't find one )
I like Mark Ayling's one : http://www.mpaconsultancy.co.uk/iamstupid.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cant condone this behaviour !!!! Its totally irresponsible of Jake to go out and do 172 leptons !!!!! I mean fior christ sakes at least put a single on and crack the 190 man !!!!! :innocent:

Nice going Jake , did she feel OK at that speed , best i had on my speedo was past the 6 o clock positio and on its way back up to 0 !!!! :eek: Starngly with the 6 spd diff it undereads slightly which is nice , just need to get it round to 6 with that in place :tongue:

Dude :cool:

I just cant condone this behaviour !!!! Its totally irresponsible of Jake to go out and do 172 leptons !!!!! I mean fior christ sakes at least put a single on and crack the 190 man !!!!! :innocent:

Nice going Jake , did she feel OK at that speed , best i had on my speedo was past the 6 o clock positio and on its way back up to 0 !!!! :eek: Starngly with the 6 spd diff it undereads slightly which is nice , just need to get it round to 6 with that in place :tongue:

Dude :cool:

:eek: fookin ell thats insane........i think i need that single advice now Dude?! :devil:

The VVTi high speed gear problem is a known one on this board as well, just ask Timwildman if he's still about. He had the same issue when all the others kept leaving him when CJ and that lot went to the nurburgring.

Think there are some issuses with diffrent de-limiters on the triptronic box's, not the manual or normal auto. still got 166 on the speedo, it depended on how you accelarted up to it.

Nice going Jake , did she feel OK at that speed
It seemed nice and stable to me but I was a bit drunk and in the passenger seat.

I did slightly over 160 leptons in it last week and the handling was spot-on. Slight changes in elevation are a lot more noticeable at 160-170 but the Supe chassis seems to cope very well

Think there are some issuses with diffrent de-limiters on the triptronic box's, not the manual or normal auto. still got 166 on the speedo, it depended on how you accelarted up to it.
Yeah. It's a pain not being able to give it full throttle without it down-shifting but you can still build up to a good speed given a long enough road.

I wish Pete Betts or some other elec guru would come up with a fix for this problem.

i've done over 160 leps racing a skyline (and still got beat) but it is a bit scary reading the poor bike dudes locked up, one of these days one of us (or hopefully a skyline) is gonna get caught at a mental speed and get banged up and in the national press, just hope its not me :violin:

i've done over 160 leps racing a skyline (and still got beat) but it is a bit scary reading the poor bike dudes locked up, one of these days one of us (or hopefully a skyline) is gonna get caught at a mental speed and get banged up and in the national press, just hope its not me :violin:

Aghh mate they tell me they have tv's dvd's,and if you a real handfull ya might even get sky in ya cell.Dont worry about it :looney:

I look at the speed on the road angel. My speedo is 4 mph out up to about 40 mph. Anything over 70 mph and it starts to be around 8 mph. The only plus side to this is aslong as you go by your speedo then you shouldn't get done for speeding

I look at the speed on the road angel. My speedo is 4 mph out up to about 40 mph. Anything over 70 mph and it starts to be around 8 mph. The only plus side to this is aslong as you go by your speedo then you shouldn't get done for speeding

i think we're talking about speeds "slightly" in excess of 70 mph here fella lol

What I was trying to get at, was that if it's out by 8 at 70 then whats it going to be like at 170 - Haven't found anywhere (or had the balls) to do that sort of speed so I wouldn't know
Hi Kev

Did you not read post 19 of this thread? Not eveyone's speedo is miles out. If you've got a good quality DSC (the Thor Racing one for example) you can get your speedo to read spot-on.

Guys, maybe Im expecting a bit much here but.......

My NA is pretty poor above 120 of them leptron thingees. If I have it in O/D off then it pops up to about 120 before red lining. But above that in top, the response is really poor. And I mean any acceleration is very very slow up to 140ish, if I can reach that before hitting other traffic. Is this normal?

I had my 2.3i Prelude out at the weekend and was shocked to notice that it seemed far more responsive than my Soop. Mostly through all gears as well. Rattles a little about 120 upwards but the acceleration seemed better.

:cry: :cry:

Guys, maybe Im expecting a bit much here but.......

My NA is pretty poor above 120 of them leptron thingees. If I have it in O/D off then it pops up to about 120 before red lining. But above that in top, the response is really poor. And I mean any acceleration is very very slow up to 140ish, if I can reach that before hitting other traffic. Is this normal?

I had my 2.3i Prelude out at the weekend and was shocked to notice that it seemed far more responsive than my Soop. Mostly through all gears as well. Rattles a little about 120 upwards but the acceleration seemed better.

:cry: :cry:

Sometimes mine wasn't great in and around the 120 bracket but picked up a bit after that. Also mine was indicating 120 when it was only actually doing 112 which is the limiter speed, this is a well known occurence on the jap speedo without using the calibration function on Thor's mighty box (the indication thing i mean). I don't know if around that speed the ECU is still getting conflicting information and cutting back the fuel as there is more than one speed input to the ECU. Try the easiest option first and reset the ECU by pulling the two efi fuses in the fusebox under the bonnet. if that doesn't fix it have a look at your speed delimiter affair see what type it is and its integrity of wiring and take it from there.