The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is there an alternative to the Supra?

KaiBosh

If it's bent a forged steel lower arm you can bet the hub itself is bent. And what if it's rammed the driveshaft into the diff, which it almost certainly will have done, say a shaft and second hand diff change. Subframe damage.... ? Run baby, run.

Cant argue with that, the front lower arms are very strong and if there bent then something else will be as well

:run:

In answer to your question, for the money there is no alternative to the Supra. Bang for your buck is phenomenal.....:)

H.

Cheers Havard, I know this is usually down to personal choice but I've looked online and can't even find a car in the same class. Anything else that pulls as quick as a Supe costs five times as much. Supe it is then. AND it's a buyer's market :D

If it's bent a forged steel lower arm you can bet the hub itself is bent. And what if it's rammed the driveshaft into the diff, which it almost certainly will have done, say a shaft and second hand diff change. Subframe damage.... ? Run baby, run.

I think the assessor said the same thing; that there would probably be parts which had been affected but didn't necessarily need replacing straight away and wouldn't be part of the repair. Fair play to him, he did ring to say it could go either way. I could certainly prove the car is technically worth more (extras totalling nine grand with receipts - though obviously these add precisely zero to its eBay value) but that would mean a repair and subsequent worry about what else had occurred. I can certainly replace the car to an equal standard with the valuation they gave and there are some bargains out there.

I just thought it was odd that with most other cars there are two or three manufacturers/models to choose from which are similar and have merits in different areas etc but the Supra appears to be utterly peerless.

Take the money, follow your head, not your heart, the figure you spoke of is very generous. You can buy a TT for that!

AND:

Thanks for this advice. I know it's the right choice but it makes me feel a lot better to hear it from someone else.

Cheers

K