The mkiv Supra Owners Club

well hello there

Guest dragondrummer

Guest dragondrummer
got to love metal band names, yours is very much in the tradition; dragonforce!

(verging on a parody of a parody.)

oh, and the car is a good choice too.

lol! i know,but gladly,the name was chosen 4 years previous to me joining,(so ya cant blame me) lol.

love supras!

Guest dragondrummer

well i picked up my mkiv today,all i can say is what a complete pile of...........................................................................AWESOMENESS!!!!

its everything my previous mkiii's were,but so much better.

ill get some pics tomorrow hopefully,leave for a short tour at tw*t o'clock on sunday,so may be a few days before they are up.

hope ya all well,enjoy ya weekend.

cheers,

dave.

Nice one dude, glad your enjoying it.

My band just imploded tonight, so I've brought all my gear back from the rehearsal room.

I managed to fit my kit, cymbals stands & stool, a flight bag full of leads & stuff, a Laney wedge monitor, my big mixer, 2 small cabs and a 1k amp into the Supra.

Have a good tour.

Guest dragondrummer
Nice one dude, glad your enjoying it.

My band just imploded tonight, so I've brought all my gear back from the rehearsal room.

I managed to fit my kit, cymbals stands & stool, a flight bag full of leads & stuff, a Laney wedge monitor, my big mixer, 2 small cabs and a 1k amp into the Supra.

Have a good tour.

damn! well done!

and thanks to all.

see ya in a week.

dave.

Guest dragondrummer
See my other thread. Basically 2 of us work away during the week and it just got too much.

ahh i see,just watched ya on ya myspace,groovy stuff,and im impressed ya use electronic with acoustic cymbals,a winning formula,not many have tried that.edit;

i'm also icredibly impressed with the beard! you could hide a badger in that!!

Edited by dragondrummer (see edit history)

lol, I should try for a Chris Adler beard...

Glad you liked the stuff, I've upgraded the brain & cymbals since then.

I've got damaged nerves in my left shoulder after a bike accident many years ago so unfortunately I can't reach around a full acoustic kit anymore but the e-kit is an ideal size for me to still have a good selection of toms. Acoustic cymbals are a must, I don't know about the top-end Rolands & Yamahas, but the DTXpress just hasn't got the right sound for playing live - you can't simulate the full dynamics of a proper cymbal. Plus it looks a lot better :D

I'm also proper impressed with the Stagg gear, too - that full set of cymbals including hats, cost me about 400 quid and they sound spot on.

Guest dragondrummer
lol, I should try for a Chris Adler beard...

Glad you liked the stuff, I've upgraded the brain & cymbals since then.

I've got damaged nerves in my left shoulder after a bike accident many years ago so unfortunately I can't reach around a full acoustic kit anymore but the e-kit is an ideal size for me to still have a good selection of toms. Acoustic cymbals are a must, I don't know about the top-end Rolands & Yamahas, but the DTXpress just hasn't got the right sound for playing live - you can't simulate the full dynamics of a proper cymbal. Plus it looks a lot better :D

I'm also proper impressed with the Stagg gear, too - that full set of cymbals including hats, cost me about 400 quid and they sound spot on.

hey man,i completely agree! in the first year with dragonforce,i used 2 roland td20's,mesh heads etc,drums were great,but you still cant capture the excitement of a real cymbal yet,i mixed the two aswell,sounded great,with the bonus of easy and quick setup/soundcheck(when we were still supporting acts,we could be up and running in 15 mins,l/r out of the brains,and 2 overheads for the cymbals,brilliant!!!!

you on skype at all?

edit; stagg have come on so much in the last 3 years,give it another couple of years,they will have some serious artists on the roster!

I was about to ask about that. I thought that's what you had. Did you use them with acoustic drums as well? That would be an absolute blast having 2 TD20's mixed with an acoustic; the things you could do....

Set up is great - all my cymbals are mounted to the rack, so I can literally unplug the kick drums & line out and carry the whole kit off stage in one go.

I apparently do have Skype set up on my phone, I've just not used it yet, lol.

Guest dragondrummer

i'm almost completely acoustic these days,sometimes use kick triggers when i feel lazy though.

e-kits are so easy!

Guest dragondrummer
:hello: and :welcome:

Get them pics up fella! Of the Celica Supra! Love that car......

i will soon,i have old pics(like on a peice of paper but glossy,almost like a silver nitrate mix,(gotta find em,and scan them)

cheers.

dave.

Edited by dragondrummer (see edit history)

Guest dragondrummer

yoohoo! back from a short festival run,been out all day in my supe,despite a tourbus break down/220 euro cab ride to prague airport at 4am this morning.i got back to old blighty 10:30,was home 12pm,and in my supe by 12:30,went for miles!

Guest dragondrummer

woohoo! hey all. did my cambelt the other day,one of the easiest jobs ever,(i suspect changing the plugs on a supe would be more time consuming!)i cant believe how cheap the parts are,i got a belt/tensioner bearing,poly v belt,for life red coolant,did the work myself so it came to around 80 notes,fantastic!!!!!

hope ya all well.

p.s. anyone in cambridgeshire?

Guest dragondrummer
Evening. Its not bad for parts, the mark MkIV - even better when you can do the work yourself.

How were your festivals? I saw your interview with Terrorizer.

hey dude,fests were all great thanks,got another 2 weeks off yet,then off to wacken woohoo!!!.

how's you?

I'm not bad, thanks. Wacken should be a riot - I really must go there some time. I fitted a set of HID's & a Levoc gear lever this weekend, then went for a blast round the lanes. What a difference the HID's make - so much more light (although I got sent 8000k bulbs by mistake and they're a bit on the blue side).

Anyway, you're about to run out of posts, so I'll shut up, lol.

Hi Mate welcome to the club I had a 2.8 as well and 2 mk3,s and have a N/A black as well SPOOKY :grouphug: love da 2.8's as that was my first special Jap car still have a really soft spot and would be in my ideal garage anyway

Welcome matey :welcome:

hey to all,i'm dave,i'm a touring musician,and i pick up my new mkiv n/a in black,on friday,nice to see all the info i will ever need on these great pages.

i've had 1 x celica supra 2.8,(many moons ago), and 3 mk 3's (2 x turbo), in my time,and just couldnt resist the beautiful mkiv.

so there ya go,nice to meet you all.

dave.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dragondrummer
Welcome along Dave.

I've a 15 year old son so have heard plenty of your stuff :)

Hope you get some time off soon to enjoy your new car!

thanks! just had 3 weeks at home,off to germany in the morning,then finland on saturday,home for 5 days,then one more festival the following week.then 3-4 weeks off woohoo!!!! (then 3 months on,yawn).

i sent a cheque for membership the other day,so ill be on while im in the states and south america.(will help me keep my sanity.)

hey animal! do ya fancy coming to any shows in the uk? let me know,just pm me,ill stick ya on the guestlist.

cheers all.

d.