The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Project for the weekend ?

Sharpie

The lap belts on mine have a plate that clips to an eyebolt permanently attached like the pic on the left below, so I couldn't use a plate with a normal bolt attachment like in your attachment there Pete. Looks like you're better off - you should be able to use them and attach to where the seatbelt clip is bolted to the seat if you wanted to.

I guess I could but, is it not better to fix it to the car rather than a seat sub frame which, could come away in a big smash ? so, a weak point in your safety setup ...?

- I doubt the subframe would come away but, I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to testing it out :eek: (which, I hope I never have to do)

Just to follow up on this thread too.

are they lighter than stock seats?

No,

The stock seats (front) on a UK spec (Leather) are:

Drivers side inc. base, sliders, full electrics : 22kg

Pass side inc. base and sliders are : 17kg

Sparco Milano in alcantara inc. base and sliders are :21kg each so, overall 3kgs heavier.

I guess I could but, is it not better to fix it to the car rather than a seat sub frame which, could come away in a big smash ? so, a weak point in your safety setup ...?

- I doubt the subframe would come away but, I'd rather be safe than sorry when it comes to testing it out :eek: (which, I hope I never have to do)

Yeah definitely would be better, but that's where the stock belts are attached. In fact when I took my seats out I was amazed by how flimsy looking the stock seat clip mounting looks. It was definitely a good move mixing and matching so you have lap belts that you can use the bolt in mounts with. That's going to make life easier - it means you won't be able to just unclip the belts and take them out, but then who cares?

Well, I had to wait for the new seat bolts to arrive from Mr. T that fix the seat to the car (L90119-10772 £0.67 each x 10bolts).

It's a snug fit indeed.

image image image

Oh, and my comment above about moving the seat to one side on the base is wrong, I had to move it back. However, since the regular seatbelt anchor is now on the base, the clearance was better. (Still snug) :eek:

I know what you guy's are talking about now when you say you loose blood sweat and tears now. Only 4 cuts :)

Thought I'd show mine. I binned the standard belts as I use these everyday, just as easy for me. Due to getting rid of the old seatbelts I did not need to keep any of the old pieces.

For the transmission tunnel fixing, I just bought a new tap and tapped the hole to the correct size for the eyebolt and then used that. Makes the new seats look much more at home than if I'd of kept the original Toyota belts.

DSCN0889.JPG

DSCN0890.JPG

DSCN0891.JPG

DSCN0892.JPG

DSCN0896.JPG

• 3 years later...