The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where's this Soarer list then?

Chris Wilson

I haven't had much chance to read this forum lately, but Mycroft has spoken of a Soarer mailing list, can he, or anyone else, tell me where it is and how to join it? Thanks.

I am also curious as to what the rear brake shoe problem is when converting from J-Spec to UK rear brakes, haven't fathomed that yet, the brake discussion seemed to fragment into chaos after a while ;-)

Quote: from Mycroft on 12:15 am on Mar. 12, 2002[br]I believe there are a few Supra owners on that site.

It is closed for very good reasons.

But all the papers and things are readily available, if you go there read some of them.

We always welcome new blood.

(Edited by Mycroft at 12:28 am on Mar. 12, 2002)

So how do you access the discussion lists? i have subscribed but no way will the password and user name let me access the discussions... Does it take some time to process or something?

Thanks.

Guest Supragirl

Mycroft...how long has this Soarer site been running...

earliest post I found on your forum is about Oct/Nov 2001 is this correct?

Guest Mycroft

Since  August 2000, we have had a few different forum styles along the way, we have a genuine worldwide club with 300 members in OZ who post mainly while I sleep, we have Canadiands, Swedes all sorts, 2000+ (I think) so far! It is too successful, and we overstep our bandwidth all the time.

We've had the Law suit thing and hackers and gawd knows what else, JK and myself deal with most problems.

It is an expensive game, JB must pay out a lot, the cost in time and money is huge on the LSOC.

Guest Supragirl

Well the format is a little bit different to this one...do you prefer the general layout of this BBS?

Did notice a lot of posts from people in other countries, that must make things entertaining.

(Edited by Supragirl at 11:47 pm on Mar. 12, 2002)

Guest Mycroft

Different for a good reason, we decided to forego 'thread discipline' this we found stifled debate or created dozens of new threads that were impossible to follow, you know yourself that going off on a tangent on this forum causes furrowed brows.

So we don't worry about threads going from politics to Petrol /Air flame propagtion, quantum physics (really) to quantity of booze consumed last night.

We have great Japanese input (though they prefer to Email, me usually), it is very handy to ask someone who has worked for a Toyota Modifier what this or that does!

I have a contact in Yamaha, who has sent me all sorts of stuff on the TT's  that is just not available elsewhere.

I shouldn't over enthuse about another website whilst on another.

If you visit you can post, but please be careful, they are all sharks, unlike me.

If you visit you can post, but please be careful, they are all sharks, unlike me.

Despite my best efforts I can neither read nor post to the forums. I get a user name and password, on screen, but none e-mailed back to me. Going back to the site and entering the user name and new password fails, it just says public access is disallowed... I'd like to read the articles at least, but isn't proving simple :-(

Chris,

I've just registered and all is well.

Have you made sure you register as a club member AND a member of the forum!

Membership of the club does NOT include membership of the forum as it states in the registration text.

QUOTE:

"Welcome to the LSOC Club Forum. This area of the club is restricted to registered users only. Please note that membership of the club does NOT automatically include registration to the forum, which is a separate process. If you have not yet registered then please click here for further help and instant registration. "

Pete