The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My headlamp project (with pics)

Kirk

Right guys, all cosmetics are done now! heres the finished lenses and surrounds!

They came out beautifully! pictures dont do them much justice! its a shame i couldnt save the rings though and i might end up painting the shiny piece below the low beam projector, i dunno yet though.

I am gutted though about the drivers side lense, was hoping the heat spot would be less visable but unfortunatly not :( its not noticable until you get it into direct light.

Idealy i could use another set of headlamps which are fully intact, all mounting points etc. Anyone got a spare set??

Next thing to do is begin the retrofit. Hopefully the projectors and ballasts should arrive this week

Edited by Kirk (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
you only need to clear the outside of the lense if you do so mike, just polish insides up a bit :) cant wait to see the old gal next month!

Its the insides of mine that have yellowed from where its been done before so Ill have to do both sides :(

outside is usualy the main issue, once they yellow the inners start to yellow. You can sand them back and polish them up but they will eventualy yellow again :(

I might get them a little touch up with some sanding... they aren't too yellow. HID lights look nice anyway.

I might get them a little touch up with some sanding... they aren't too yellow. HID lights look nice anyway.

keep watching this space! HID retro is on it way once i track down some cheap s2k headlamps or accord headlamps ;) believe me the results are so much better than these P n P kits

• 4 months later...