The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Best Suspension for a TT Supra.

Pudsey

I have had 6 different suspsension setups in the life of my supras, all aftermarket bar one.

There is only one I recoomend.. the chris wilson bilseins and geometry setup.

It was the single best modification I have ever done.

I was so impressed I fitted the same technology shocks to my bm and it's also excellent now.

The shocks can also be rebuilt in the UK.

Oh yeah, I did have Bilsteins on my AMG C43.

They were fitted from new by AMG and I agree to be honest they were very good.

I assume that Bilstein do a coilover then, will have a lill look..........>

Thanks for the advice buddy.

i got tiens,no probs,bearing in mind its not a family car,handles awesome

I did drive a 6 speed with Teins on it seemed very good from what I could remember, wasn't that harsh either seeing as they were coilovers too!

Thanks for the info buddy!

Will help me make a rounded judgement on the decision if you get my drift........>

Oh yeah, I did have Bilsteins on my AMG C43.

They were fitted from new by AMG and I agree to be honest they were very good.

I assume that Bilstein do a coilover then, will have a lill look..........>

Thanks for the advice buddy.

I did drive a 6 speed with Teins on it seemed very good from what I could remember, wasn't that harsh either seeing as they were coilovers too!

Thanks for the info buddy!

Will help me make a rounded judgement on the decision if you get my drift........>

Mr Wilson re-valves the shocks mate. They are not shop stuff. I'd forgotten about his service.

The only people that I can compare to CW's work is Maxton Engineering, on bikes though. Never heard of it with cars.

It's got me thinking again. :(

I have looked at the website and it doesn't list a Toyota Supra,obviously we must be able to get them as you would not have suggested it else.

If they are made with stainless steel etc then I can understand the cost implications of that, they do look very nice indeed!!

What particular kit would you suggest then for the Supra, remembering it will be used on the road and some particular streets can be pretty rough too.

Wouldn't want to loose a wheel if you get my drift ha.

What would be the very best price we could do on these, guess it unlikely people would do a group buy on these puppies!

If its a road car go for the 1 way adjustable dampers, I dont think you really need 2 ways for the road, you'll probably end up getting yourself in a muddle setting it up properly, unless you spend hours and hours at it. These really are one of the best dampers out there, why would you spend more money on the more expensive Teins when these exist.

I looked at different ones when i wanted to change mine, looked at HKS, Tein and Koni, ended up going for Koni, as price, warranty and quality had the best match. 5 years warranty, price was just about 400 uk punds(bought in DK ofcourse - for coilovers to both front and rear), 5 years warranty and when it comes to quality, something like 90% of all high speed trains uses Koni and ofcourse not to forget, the Mclaren F1 cars......Should be good enough for my supe :0)

I looked at different ones when i wanted to change mine, looked at HKS, Tein and Koni, ended up going for Koni, as price, warranty and quality had the best match. 5 years warranty, price was just about 400 uk punds(bought in DK ofcourse - for coilovers to both front and rear), 5 years warranty and when it comes to quality, something like 90% of all high speed trains uses Koni and ofcourse not to forget, the Mclaren F1 cars......Should be good enough for my supe :0)

Agreed, they are very very good but have there draw backs. Mainly that you have to take them off the car to adjust the height or stiffness settings, thats if you want something that is easily adjustable.

Agreed, they are very very good but have there draw backs. Mainly that you have to take them off the car to adjust the height or stiffness settings, thats if you want something that is easily adjustable.

your right, think its something like 15mm they can be adjusted, aint much.....but its a possibility.

........................................................................................Lacoste,

Thanks for the input always great to hear more opinions on the matter, and raised a question I didn't think of too.

Paul,

I figured that all coilovers were adjustable on the car, but obviously these isn't the case!!! How strange when this is what they are made for hey!

I really like the Nitrons, I am assuming that you can fully adjust these on the car, and they are made of very good quality parts too.

What sort of deal can you do on them? and that would be to my door with everything I need to complete the job!

Thanks

........................................................................................Lacoste,

Thanks for the input always great to hear more opinions on the matter, and raised a question I didn't think of too.

Paul,

I figured that all coilovers were adjustable on the car, but obviously these isn't the case!!! How strange when this is what they are made for hey!

I really like the Nitrons, I am assuming that you can fully adjust these on the car, and they are made of very good quality parts too.

What sort of deal can you do on them? and that would be to my door with everything I need to complete the job!

Thanks

The standard shocks are coil overs, its just a term everyone seems to use for adjustable height shocks, dont know why!

Anyway, the best deal is what you see on my website, there is no discount offered with these. If there is enough people interested I'll be able to offer something then, would need at least 5 though. I started a thread here by the way http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=185516

Ta