The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Going to look at a car.... what to watch out for.

kill1308

From what i have read about this car i would'nt touch it with yours.

As stated thing can be fixed with a PRICE, £7000 for a car you have to start spending on and getting it FIXED isnt my idea of a good example.

I own a UK spec that is 15 yrs old and has also had some paint work like most supra this age, but its been done perfect and everthing is mint with full history and NO rust.

So using age to cover up mess isnt always a good idea.

My advise is to keep looking and find 1 that is near mint and needs no work other then a wash and polish.

They are exspensive enought without buying a bad example to start with.

Just my advise you do what you want, welcome buy the way.

Edited by little num (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mike@torque

We thought we’d post an update to this thread. In order to satisfy our customer (who was naturally concerned by the “opinion” and hyperbole contained in this thread), we decided to have a professional vehicle inspection carried out at our own expense.

As we expected the inspection noted no previous accident damage and no corrosion to the roof/boot floor/chassis etc. Our customer is now proceeding with the purchase.

All the best,

Mike @ Torque

We thought we’d post an update to this thread. In order to satisfy our customer (who was naturally concerned by the “opinion” and hyperbole contained in this thread), we decided to have a professional vehicle inspection carried out at our own expense.

As we expected the inspection noted no previous accident damage and no corrosion to the roof/boot floor/chassis etc. Our customer is now proceeding with the purchase.

All the best,

Mike @ Torque

Good to know.

no previous accident damage and no corrosion to the roof/boot floor/chassis etc.

I so wish I'd taken a camera with me that day!

Well, if your customer is happy with it, thats all that matters, I wish him luck. (genuine statement, NO sarcasm intended or implied, before anybody gets the wrong end of the stick)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Winterlolli

Hello,

Yeah had the car now for 2 weeks and everything is fine. Torque were very helpful in making sure that the car was straight. Had a HPI and AA report which all come back clear (not at my expense i might add). Got a load of things fixed also not at my expense and after my initial shock of the original post i carried on with the purchase.

Had it checked out by an independent since also, no problems mechanically at all, gearbox could do with some new oil and maybe a new clutch in the next 6 months or so, but everything's working as it should.

I was wrong about 1st and 2nd gears not being as powerful, you're not in them that long so the feeling is alot shorter, now i have had plenty of time to play it feels fine. Pulls hard all the way through all gears :D

Still little things to be done but i wanted a project car which i could make my own. i don't think it was the best example i could of bought, however with a little tlc and a little more money i will get it back on track.

Within 6 months i hope to have done all my mods BPU (decent respray)!!! amongst others....BRAKES.....

I wish you guys had told me that the petrol guage moves as fast as the rev counter though.. holy >>@t i have already filled it up 3 times and only used it on weekends!!!!:blink:

Love it though, wouldn't have it any other way. wish i would of thought of buying a supra a long time ago.

thanks for all your help and comments.

WL:D